15.

| Chapter Fifteen |

A week had passed from the Fourth of July and today was the day Topper and I decided to go and get our outfits for midsummers. He'd taken Sarah on a small date and asked her to be his date with flowers which she of course agreed to and was over the moon when the two got back to the house.

I saw Cassian two days after the night on the beach and we got lunch together which led to him asking if I would go to midsummers with him. I'd politely declined him which he saw coming as he knew Rafe would've already asked but he just brushed it off and told me he'd see me at the Country Club on midsummers after we departed after lunch.

Rafe and I spent a day together on the weekend to go and get dinner at a small place on the beach. He'd put on quite the show with stereotypes of how rich people acted, which I laughed at because of his stupid antics. After we arrived back at the house, he showed me the baby blue suit he already had picked out and told me if I didn't like it then he'd get another one which I waved off because I knew I could find something to match.

Topper and I were now on our way to the mainland to tease each other and pick out our outfits. He was currently occupied in grinning widely down at his phone, making me roll my eyes at the obvious liking he had toward Sarah that he tried to keep hidden from me.

"If you keep grinning like that, you'll face get stuck." I muttered, trying to find a parking spot to get onto the ship.

"Then you'll be blessed to see my smile every second of the day." He replied sarcastically, sticking his tongue out at me once he looked up.

I scoffed, "I'm sure blessed is the right word."

He huffed but didn't say anything back, turning back to his phone and texting a reply to whoever he was currently talking to.

After successfully finding a parking space, both of us arrived on the ship and prepared ourselves for the two-hour-long ride.

"Have you talked to Rafe since the two of you went out for dinner the other night?" He questioned after a while.

I pushed my sunglasses up above my face and nodded, "Yeah, but not much. I've been busy helping my mom around the house and I think he's been doing work on his truck." I shrugged, glancing around the ship and noticing that we were about to dock.

"What about Cassian?"

"I saw him two days after Fourth of July when we went out to lunch but if I recall correctly, he was taking a trip out of state with his older brother and I think he'll be coming back tomorrow." I informed him, the two of us standing up and getting in line to get off the ship.

"You told me he asked you to be his midsummers date, right?" He asked, pulling me off the ship by my hand.

"Right. He didn't sound too bummed because I think he knew that Rafe would've already asked." I sighed.

"A man's worst dream is always getting let down by the most beautiful girl they know." He smirked, sending me a teasing wink.

I pushed his face away and mumbled a shut up as we made our way down the streets and to the store we had our reservations set for. After checking in, we were escorted to the dress part first so that I could search for one as Topper sat down and observed each one.