27.

•Chapter Twenty-Seven•

•Lane•

"Rafe" I whispered, nudging his side with my elbow. "Rafe, wake up. The doctor's in here" I said and watched him huff before rubbing his eyes and getting up.

The doctor smiled at the interaction and checked over the machines that were next to me. I looked at Rafe and his eyes were closed as his head was down.

"We're going to keep you in here until your ribs look better so you don't damage them anymore than they already are. They should be healed in the next 6 weeks as well as your arm. Your foot looks better, maybe a week or two until it's completely healed. The cut is already healed, it left a nasty scar though" He chuckled and inspected the scar before looking back up to me.

"You can eat today and take a shower if you'd like, just keep your arm out of the water. We're going to get you walking a little bit each day just to help get you back to normal" He smiled and finished up something on his clipboard.

"Feel free to ask the nurses for help if you want a shower, or he could help you if you want" He winked at me as he nodded his head toward Rafe who fell back to sleep.

"Thank you" I smiled and watched him walk out. I grabbed my phone and looked over everything, mostly messages that I replied to.

I sat there, staring at Rafe and contemplated if I wanted to wake him up or not since I was starving. I decided to let him sleep since I know he hasn't been getting enough sleep as of recently. I texted the only person I knew that wanted to see me and didn't know I was awake.

Kie🐢💗

Hi, do you mind bringing me some food?
Rafe's asleep and I don't want to wake him.

Holy shit, is this actually you?
I'm in literal tears, don't lie to me!

Yes, it's me. I woke up yesterday and the doctors say I'm healing nicely.

Whatever you want, I'll bring it to you!
I can't wait to see you, can I bring the others?

I'd kill for some Tacos or Chicken, whatever is closer. I'd like it if it was just you for right now, I don't want to feel overwhelmed and I hope they understand.

Yeah of course, I'll be there in less than 30.
I love you so much and I'm so happy your awake!

I love you too, when you come in, please be quiet since he's asleep. I know he hasn't been getting any sleep recently.❤️

Will do!❤️

I looked back at Rafe and took a picture of how cute he was and then set it down to lean my head back on my pillow to hopefully pass through the pain I was feeling in the moment of my ribs.

25 minutes passed by and I heard a light knock on the door so I whispered for them to come in. Kie came in and glanced at Rafe before glancing at me and smiling.

She quietly cane over and embraced me into a gentle hug before backing away and setting the food down on my lap.

"I've missed you so much, I'm so sorry that this has happened and I wish I could've been here more" She frowned and took ahold of my right hand.