Twelve

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E5)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Parker quickly made her way to the front porch. She leaned on her forearms, looking at the sunset. The Outer Banks sure could be beautiful. It was a rare occasion that Parker would have the time or the opportunity to actually appreciate it. 

"Parker," The Maybank girl turns around, hearing the sound of the one thing more beautiful than the sunset. "Hi."

Parker grins at her, holding her arms out. Sarah smiles and quickly runs towards her, letting Parker sweep her up and swing her around. Sarah giggles, and Parker finally lets her down.

Sarah backs up slightly, but not far enough so that Parker can't feel her breath on her face. The taller blonde reaches forward and pushes some of Sarah's hair out of her face. The Cameron girl can't help but lean into the heat of her crush's hand.

Parker embraces the moment until she remembers that she has to tell Sarah something. She quickly removes her hand, missing Sarah's disappointment. 

"Oh my god! I almost forgot to tell you. Johnny found the gold!" Sarah gave Parker an astonished look, repeating, "He found it?" Parker nods, barely concealing her excited grin.

"Oh! And you'll never believe where it is."

"Where?"

With poorly contained glee, Parker squeaks, "It's at Tannyhill."

Sarah takes a moment to process her words before saying, "Wait, what?!"

"Sh!" Parker quickly slaps a hand over Sarah's mouth, effectively shutting her up. "Johnny said that he got the letter translated. That there was a coded message, and he needs the plat map. Do you know what a plat map is?"

Sarah nods, "Yes."

Parker continued to ramble, in her own head. She didn't seem to hear Sarah's answer, completely blowing past it. "It's like a blueprint of Tannyhill. It's got all the information on it. It's in your dad's office. If Johnny can get in, we can find the gold--"

Sarah grins at the taller girl, somehow getting closer and putting a hand on her cheek. Parker's rambling is interrupted when she feels Sarah's lips suddenly connect with hers, making fireworks explode in her brain and causing her to completely forget what she was saying. She quickly leans into the kiss, kissing back passionately.

When they finally come up for air, Sarah mumbles, "I said I know what a plat map is." Parker still has her eyes closed, dazed and elated from the kiss. 

"What's a plat map?" Sarah laughs at the dumbstruck girl's question before yelping slightly when Parker grabs her hips and pulls her back in for another, sweeter kiss. It quickly heats up as Sarah tangles her hands in Parker's hair and the Maybank girl's hands press into Sarah's back.