sixteen.

─☼☼☼─

𝙄𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆 by the time Kiara and Charlotte returned home. 

They had left soon after their talk on the dock, Kie refusing to speak to any of the boys before they left. So, Charlotte gave them all meager goodbyes before driving the two of them home. 

Kiara had remained mostly silent, still visibly upset over the whole Sarah Situation. Charlotte stayed quiet as well, save for her lowly humming along to her music as she drove. 

However, when they pulled into the driveway, the outside lights having been left on for them by their parents, Kiara finally spoke. 

She leaned forward, squinting in disbelief for a moment before scoffing. "What the actual fuck is he doing here?"

Charlotte looked over at her in shock for a moment, confused as to what her little sister was seeing. But as she shifted the car into park, her eyes found rest on a figure sitting on their porch steps. 

Rafe Cameron sat with his knees bouncing nervously. His head had been down until Charlotte's car pulled into the driveway, which at that point he looked up with an anxious look. 

So stunned for a moment, Charlotte hadn't even realized that Kiara was waiting for an answer from her. The youngest Carrera was regarding her sister with raised brows, a look of disapproval on her face. 

All the stuff she said earlier about Charlotte being with Rafe if that's what made her happy...yeah, Charlotte knew that had been a bold-face lie. Kiara hated Rafe, and even if he made Charlotte the happiest girl on the planet, that wouldn't change.

Reaching over to undo her seatbelt, Charlotte shook her head at her sister. "I have no idea why he's here. I swear."

Kiara followed suit, basically ripping off her seatbelt and throwing open the door. "Well, let me get rid of him."

"Kie, wait." Charlotte pleaded, reaching across the car to stop her. "Just go inside. I can handle him, alright?"

With a look of disgust on her face, Kiara relented. "Fine."

A small sigh of relief fell from Charlotte's lips as she opened her own door, walking around to the front of the car where Kiara met her. Rafe had now stood up, and was nervously wiping his hands on his pants. He looked visibly upset, and that caused Charlotte's heart to drop slightly. 

Kiara noted the look of worry on Charlotte's face and rolled her eyes with a noise of contempt as she began toward the house. 

Rafe mustered a small smile as she passed him. "Hey, Kie."

"Fuck off, douche." She muttered, not even looking at him as she shoved past to get up the stairs. 

Pursing her lips, Charlotte closed the distance between her and Rafe as Kiara slammed the front door behind her. "What are you doing here?" 

Rafe raked a hand through his hair, and Charlotte could see that his hands were shaking slightly. "My dad kicked me out."

She wasn't really sure what to say. She had never expected Ward Cameron to kick out one of his kids, but honestly, with the way Rafe had been acting for the past year, she wasn't entirely surprised.