introduction

HEARTLESS
childhood enemies / fake dating
rafe cameron x oc | standalone

i don't want it if it's fake
i don't want it if it's just for show
i just want it if it's real and i'm
thinking i should let you know

────────────── LUX VANDENBURG just wants an enjoyable, drama-free summer after a public break-up with Kook Aaron Wood. But when Aaron begins to find all the reasons in the world to harass Lux: whether its at parties or even showing up to her home at midnight, Lux knows that this must come to an end. When her friend plants the idea of a fake-boyfriend into her head, she knows it will be tedious, but it's the only way to get Aaron off her back. 

The only question that now remains is— who will be Lux's fake boyfriend? 

ENTER RAFE CAMERON, the Kook King of Outer Banks. 

When Lux realizes that she has no choice but to ask Rafe— she is first reluctant. Because Rafe Cameron is not just Kook King to Lux. In fact, he's a lot of things. At one point, long, long ago, he was the boy she loved. The boy she spent her whole childhood with. 

ONLY FOR HIM TO GROW UP AND BREAK HER INTO PIECES. 

SO WHEN Rafe Cameron hears about Lux's idea, he accepts without a second thought, despite the burning pit of hate he has for her. But he too, wants to get back at Aaron Wood. He's the boy who fucked his ex-girlfriend— Cassandra Howard, for weeks without him knowing while they were dating. She was the only girl he's ever really loved.  

THE PLAN WAS CLEAR: pretend to be a couple, make Aaron and Cassandra both pay. Despite the fact the two cannot stand each other, everything seemed straightforward. But nothing is ever "simple"— especially when feelings are concerned— and especially the feelings of these two individuals. 

BECAUSE IT'S NOT LONG BEFORE RAFE AND LUX REALIZE THEY'VE REKINDLED A LOT OF OLD FEELINGS. 

authors note

wow! i can't wait to start this book. there's a lot more to come, but i'm super excited with the plan i have in mind for this book. one thing to keep in mind: this book will most likely have very slow updates. as much as i wish i could update twice/thrice a week, i just don't have the time to do so. but i'll try my best!

i'm so excited to try a fake-dating trope. i've never tried this before, but this is probably going to be super casual and exciting. i've been meaning to write a rafe cameron fanfic for a while now— i love him so much, i think i can speak for all of us when i say that he's my favorite druggie out there. who doesn't love a maniac psychopath???

one thing i'm going to address that this does take place in an outer banks universe— but not with the whole mystery/thriller aspect. this book is set in an outer banks which is the perfect definition of chill and beachy— no murder in sight. also, i didn't really want to turn rafe into a murderer. it's just not my forte...

note: rafe is finishing his junior year in this book— same age as lux. 

thanks so much for choosing this book! i hope i won't let you down with my writing ;) 

word count— 560