NINETEEN.

a/n: there is going to be a bit of pogue/Bex conflict in this chapter and a few upcoming chapters but i swear it won't last long 😭😭 it's just going to be an odd transition for her

tw: parental abuse

Bexley didn't let go of her brother. And she didn't want to. She didn't want to ask questions, or be asked any. She just wanted to relish in this moment. She wanted it to last as long as possible.

John B was the one to finally pull away, but he still held onto her at arm's length. "I...I can't believe you're here," he breathed. "Shit, you're really here, Bex. You made it."

Bexley felt an overwhelming amount off happiness. She spoke with a large smile. "I can't believe you're here! You're-You're back and you're okay and-John B you're okay!" She kept stumbling over her words because she was speaking so fast. "You're both okay!" Her eyes fell to Sarah, who embraced her next. "You're okay! You're okay!"

"I'm okay," Sarah laughed, loudly. "Way better than I should be."

Bexley pulled away quickly to look at her stomach. "You were shot-"

"We had a great doctor," John B told her. "She's good. We all are." John B smiled up at JJ, who was watching from the porch. He realized JJ didn't seem as happy as the rest of the reunion.

"How'd you know we were here?" Sarah asked. "We're literally hiding in a boat, I thought we were being subtle."

Bexley smiled and explained, "Topper told me. He said you were on the island, probably at your house."

Her happy statement caused the rest of their smiles to be wiped off their faces. John B and Sarah shared a look.

John B asked, "Topper told you?"

Bexley beamed, "Yeah, yeah! He told me you were innocent. That you weren't the one who..." She still wasn't able to finish the sentence, so she just repeated, "You're innocent. I knew it, John B. I knew it in my soul. I knew you couldn't have-"

"Does Rafe know that Topper told you?" Sarah suddenly cut in.

Bexley glanced between her brother, and realized how nervous he had become. "No. Honestly....I don't think he even knows you're on the island. I don't think he knows you're innocent either."

It became silent.

Until Sarah said loudly, and bitterly, "He knows."

She started to say, "He'll believe whatever his dad tells him and right now Mr. Cameron thinks that John B is guilty. You guys should go to find Mr. Cameron and explain that-"

"Mr. Cameron is also my dad," Sarah told her. "And Rafe is my brother. So I wouldn't just make this up. He knows."

Bexley didn't understand. "No...No, if he knew he wouldn't be so paranoid-"