C H A P T E R 15

BEACH KISSES

After a short night of sleep, Callie got so excited to spend another day with her boyfriend that she hurried up getting ready

They decided the day before to go at the beach and spend some good time together. They wanted some private time, a day where they wouldn't feel guilty being together.

She put on a swimming suit, a pair of blue jean shorts and some vans she loved. She took two surfboards, hoping Rafe would accept to try a bit the Pogue life.

She saw his car arriving at her house, so she said a quick goodbye to her uncle and her brother and left.

Of course, Cooper wasn't dumb, if Callie was going out the same day as Rafe said he couldn't go at the Country Club, it wasn't a coincidence. He didn't ask questions cause he knew his sister wouldn't be comfortable with it.

"Rafe," she put the boards on the ground, jumped in his arms and kissed his lips as he grabbed her.

She tasted his lips for a few seconds, twirling her tongue around his, appreciating every single touch of it.

Maybe it was weird, but when he was kissing her, touching her, it felt like she was the only thing he was sweet to. Like somehow, she was his peace. But he wouldn't admit it, of course.

"You're ready?"

"I always am," he answered, before helping her carrying the boards. "So I assume I'll have to try this Pogue activity"

"Don't worry I'll make sure it won't give any wound on that beautiful face of yours," Callie joked, annoying him playfully.

"I'm a tough guy I'm not scared to try"

"You're never scared," she repeated, nodding to show him she believed him, and she gave him a cheek kiss.

The pair then got in the car. Rafe drove, the two of them singing along as the music filled up the air. Callie had always loved the One Direction and got surprised noticing her boyfriend knew almost all the song of the album they listened to.

They picked a beach where they knew they would be alone and pulled over. They grabbed their belongings and walked on the sand.

"Nobody to annoy us. Isn't it the dream life?" Rafe stated, trailing after his girlfriend. "Yes it is," he replied to himself.

They laid their beach towels on the sand and lied down on it. "You'll love the Pogue life," said Callie, hiding the sun from her hurting eyes with her hands.

"Love it? Sounds more like I'll barely handle it," he faked being already annoyed and she got closer, laying on her stomach, raised on her elbows.

"I know you'll love it"

"And I know I love you," Rafe replied, still laying on his towel and closing his eyes.

Callie felt herself blushing and her heart skipped a beat. It was the first time he ever told her he loved her. She knew he meant it by the way he blushed too and it gave her butterflies.