𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓

A

A.N: Soooo this was longer than I thought and much fluffier than I expected. But don't worry there is still spice! It's a sweet friends to lovers story that will sweeten your tooth but also hit your cravings for that spice. 😉

Word Count: 7.5k

Warnings: slow burn, friends to lovers, cursing, oral (m to f), fingering, praise kink, consensual sex.

The air was brisk and cold, fragments of snowflakes pressing up against the window pane. Your nose was turning pink and bruised as your face sat flush against the glass, watching the busy street below.

The sounds of the city were muffled over the sound of the music drifting through the halls of your penthouse. Although you lived in a pretty high apartment, it was low enough for you to still study the people of the city out your window. You hated living in your last place, the people looked like ants and you couldn't find satisfaction in imagining the lives of those walking by when they were so small from your window.

Your ears perk up to the sound of a rough knock on your door and you push yourself off the pillow you had positioned on the floor next to the floor-ceiling window. You had a few couches around the place that you could push up against the windows if you'd like, but you liked this way better.

The sound of your socks softly hitting the hardwood floor fill your ears as you walk through your living room and into the hall that leads to the front door. The music has drifted and you take a deep breath before getting on your tip toes to see who it is.

A vision of dark blond hair, blue eyes, and a white knitted sweater fills your peephole and your heart warms.

You've been best friends with Steve Rogers for as long as you can remember. It was only recently that you began to feel a shift in your feelings towards him. It happened a couple of months ago and ever since you've felt the sudden change in your friendship as you did your best to hide your attraction.

There was no way that your best friend, the ever handsome Steve Rogers, would feel the same way about you. Did you ever tell him and see if he felt the same? No way! That would be basically tying yourself up and lighting a match, burning yourself at the stake at this outrageous confession.

Your heart murmurs faster against your chest and you take a deep breath, your shoulder rising up and down in a slow fashion. You didn't even bother getting dressed this morning. It was a Saturday after all and all of your plans were right here in the apartment.

You wore an oversized shirt that Steve lent you one drunken night two years ago after he had to wrestle you playfully to get out of your club outfit and into pajamas. You, of course, refused and only cooperated by demanding the shirt off of Steve's back and he... obliged. Its stitches began to fray from the nightly use of it after you possessed it, but you wouldn't ever throw it out unless it meant you got another one of Steve's shirts.