The Bonfire

Jo is sitting in her room looking out the window.

She's remembering the conversation she had with her dad.

"What do you mean you were working with Shoupe to catch Ward?" Jo angrily shouts.

"He killed Big John, Joanna! Something had to be done!" Buzz argues back.

"You could have told me instead of hiding it from me!" she argues back.

"This had nothing to do with you!" he shouts.

"It has everything to do with me! Not just with Sarah being one of my best friends, but what about Rafe? I'm not just some little girl that you can protect anymore! I have been involved in this from the start!"

She remembers slamming her door and her dad shouting through the door that she is not to leave the house except to go to school.

She sees her phone light up.

She has another text message from Rafe saying that he really needs to talk to her.

She throws the phone down and lets tears fall down her face.

Her phone lights up again.

She sighs and looks at the notification.

It is a message from Sarah asking if she can give her a ride from her house.

She messages her back and says she'll be there in 5 minutes.

She changes her clothes and sneaks downstairs.

She doesn't see her dad's truck in the driveway.

She grabs the Jeep keys and sneaks out the door.

She starts the car and heads to the Cameron's.

She parks the jeep out front and messages Sarah that she's here.

She hears shouting and she gets out of the jeep to see Rafe chasing after Sarah.

"If you touch me one more freaking time!"

Sarah pushes Rafe away from her.

"What the hell is going on?" Jo asks stepping between the two siblings.

"I dont want Sarah to keep ignoring me. Dad wants us to talk."

Rafe looks like he is about to lose his cool.

"Please tell my brother that he is the last person that I want to talk to!" Sarah has tears in her eyes.

Jo pushes Rafe away from Sarah.

"Just go back inside Rafe and leave us alone." she says to him firmly.

He looks heartbroken and tears fall down his face.

"I know that you both hate me now."

Sarah cuts him off.

"You tried to kill me, Rafe! Why would I wanna be anywhere near you?" Sarah shouts at him.

Rafe starts breathing heavily and places his hands over his head.

"Get some rest. You look like hell."

Jo leads Sarah to the jeep.

"Please! Please don't leave!" Rafe shouts out desperately.

Jo stands in front of Sarah protectively.

"Dad is gone now, Sarah. Its just you me and Wheezie now." Rafe steps closer.

"I know what I did, okay? But I need you both to listen to me. I was trying to do right by Dad. And now his dying wish is to have us be together and be happy. I swear I'm gonna do everything I can to make that happen."