The Diary

Buzz follows behind John as they walk through the impound lot.

They are looking for the Twinkie.

"Are you sure it's at this one?" John asks his oldest friend.

"That's what the report said, John. It should be around here somewhere." Buzz tells him sounding annoyed.

"What's got you so huffy?" John asks.

"Well, let's see, you called me at six in the morning to come to help you find a copy of this diary. I've been up all night looking for my daughter, your Goddaughter by the way, in case you forgot. So yea, I'm a little cranky." Buzz answers him sarcastically.

"John B told me, she's fine. She's with the rest of their friends now. They should be back soon. No, I havent forgotten. I don't remember you being this bitchy." John comments.

"I don't remember you being this stupid and pushy. You just got back. You just got your son back. Stop and think for a minute about the important things." Buzz lectures him.

"I am thinking about the important things! I am doing all of this for my son. So he doesn't have to say his father is a complete failure."

John quickly turns away from his friend.

"Ah, there it is."

John changes the subject and walks over to where the Twinkie is sitting.

It looks busted up with a cracked windshield and dents all over the body.

"Oh no, shit! The window!"

John reaches into the window and opens the back door.

Water pours out from the van.

"There it is."

Buzz reaches in and grabs what is left of the diary.

It has turned to mush from all of the water damage.

"Shit!" John shouts out.

"What now?" Buzz asks.

"Where did this copy come from?" John asks.

"I think there was an article in the paper about the kids' history teacher finding the original copy. We can start there." Buzz states.

"Good idea. Let's head back and get my boy on board. He's more familiar with the teacher than we are." John states as he walks back towards Buzz's truck.

***********************

Jo watches from the porch as John B looks everywhere for his father.

"I'm telling you guys, he was here." John B argues.

"John B, I-"

"No, I'm telling you, Sarah, he was here. I swear." John B quickly says.

"Okay." Sarah says sounding unconvinced.

"I'm not crazy. Look, there's the boat right there. Okay?"

John B points towards the boat that is docked.

"Nobody is calling you crazy, B. But it's been a really stressful few days." Jo mumbles.

"No, you saw the couch in there, it was slept in! You guys believe me don't you?" John B pleads.

Sarah turns to Jo pleading with her eyes for help.

"I mean-" Sarah tries.

"Hell, I wouldn't believe him either."

Jo hears a familiar voice and they turn to see Big John and her dad walking towards them.