023

MY PURPOSE - JOHN B ROUTLEDGE

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - THE HAWK'S NEST

The five teenagers were now back in Twinkie and on their way to the Hawk's nest to meet Sarah. Once they arrived, the plan was that her and John B would go and meet Sarah while the rest stayed in the van.

"Yeah. We'll just sit here. . .in the hot ass car" Pope said sarcastically "While it's lightning"

"Yup" John B nodded, getting out of the van "Have fun" Eleanor added after him before also getting out as their doors slammed shut behind them.

John B and Eleanor walked in comfortable silence as they reached the sign that read 'Kildare Hawk's Nest' "Cuz that looks steady" Eleanor whispered before they made there way up the spiralling steps that felt like the wood could snap any second. Once they emerged to the top Sarah was quick to turn around at the noise.

"Hey" Sarah smiled, walking closer to the two before giving Eleanor a quick hug.

"Hi" Eleanor smiled as they pulled away "So I got the map. Do you wanna see?" The blonde handed it over to her as her and John B opened up the paper to see it was indeed the map they were looking for.

"Holy shit" John B couldn't contain his smile and neither could Eleanor as she replied "Holy shit indeed JB" She then gave the map to John B so he could put it in his backpack "Thank you again Sarah-"

"So this is what you're sneaking off in the middle of the night for?"

John B and Eleanor were quick to turn around to see Topper stood there in all of his 'glory' "Topper you're drunk as fuck, just go home man"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to Toretto?!" He took another step forward as did Eleanor when John B put his arms to separate the both of them "Topper, stop man"

"You stop, man. You don't wanna do this" His jaw clenched as he looked at Sarah who was stood beside Eleanor "Tell him to back off, 'cause I'm about to beat your fucking ass-"

Eleanor then stepped in front of John B "Take a walk, man. Go home and sober up"

"Oh you wanna talk Toretto? You wanna talk?!" Topper took her words as a threat, taking another step forward but John B lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him.

"Don't fucking touch her!" And that was all it took for Topper to blow when his hands reached forward and slammed into John B's chest making him fall backwards, straight into the most unsteady railing of all time.

Eleanor nearly chocked on her own spit as she looked down to see to the lifeless looking boy laid flat on his back in the sand "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She shouted at Topper before rushing down the stairs and practically falling to her knees once she got to John B.