035

MY PURPOSE - JOHN B ROUTLEDGE

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE - THE FIRE

"I'm sorry Leon" Was the only message Eleanor sent to Leon before her and John B were running once again. They ended up hiding in some kook's garage when they heard a static noise and then a female's voice.

"All units, reports of a white male and female running through backyards in the 100 block of Church Street"

"Repeat, all units, neighbours reported a white male and female running through backyards in the 100 block of Church Street"

The two kept quiet until they heard two pairs of heavy footsteps coming closer to the garage door "John B we gotta go" Eleanor whispered to him as they crawled out from underneath the table they were hiding under and opened the door that led into the house as they kept their hands clasped together.

Eleanor kept her eyes peeled for anyone that might be in the house when a boy's voice called out "John B?"

Eleanor couldn't believe their luck when she saw Kelce, who she had learned was one of Topper's friends, sitting at his kitchen island eating some cereal when he dropped the spoon in shock.

"Hey, man" John B let out a shaky breath.

"John B" Kelce slowly stood from his stool with his eyes wide.

"Just listen to me for a second. Relax" John B was trying to stay calm but Eleanor could see right through him.

Kelce quickly shook his head "Man, what are you doing here?"

"I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." John B went on until she grabbed the boys hand and made a run for it down the hall and into the first room she saw. The laundry room.

Once John B shut the door behind them, Kelce continued to bang on the door before he stopped and let out a gasp. He had them trapped with no way out.

"Kelce?" John B asked while twisting the door knob but it was stuck "Hey, man. Hey, hey, hey"

"You're in the house of pain now, bro" Kelce said as they heard the sirens from outside "You hear that? I got you. I got you, man"

"Fuck" John B hit the door a few times out of pure anger.

"He's not gonna let us out so you hitting that door isn't doing anything for us" Eleanor told him as she tried to find a way out while John B tried to pick the lock on the door.