21

"Where's Kiara?" I ask as I arrive to the Chateau. "It's midsummer, she's with her folks preparing" answers John B as he is looking for drinks in the fridge. "Fuck I forgot, I have to work there all night" I realize and check the time on my phone. I still had about an hour before I got to leave. "Drink up my dear sister!" exclaims Jj completely high, "here you go" he passed me a bottle of vodka and I drank a big sip. "I need it, let's get drunk y'all" "you're gonna work drunk?" asks Pope not sounding convinced. "Don't be a pussy man" jokes John B and I nod, "exactly" I drink another time trying not to vomit at the strong taste of the drink.

It's been a few days since my last talk with Sarah and all I was doing since then is drinking and hanging out at the chateau. I was trying to distract me from any thoughts about Rafe. Tried to fight my feelings really bad.

"Hey Jules, are you with us?" Pope claps his hands in front of my face and I immediately nod as I push his hands away. "Stop" I groan and he giggles, "shit it's already two a'clock- My old man told me to be there at 2" he quickly gets up and starts panicking. "Chill out man, you gotta live a little..." I punch his shoulder and grin but he obviously didn't find it funny.
"Shut up and you should go too, come I'll drive you" "you should take her she won't be able to go with her bike" signs John B.

"Can y'all stop talking about me like I'm not here?" I cross my arms. "Just go" I hear Jj whispering to Pope. "Fuck you" I say to my brother. "Just come Jules" I felt Pope's arm around my shoulders dragging me to his dad's truck. "I'm fine Heyward, I'm not that drunk" I sit in the passenger seat and check my phone, two notifications from Miles and one from Sophia.

I gulp at the feeling of seeing her name on my screen.

Sophia: Hey Jules, you coming to midsummer's? (for work ofc ;))

I bite my lip trying to figure out what to reply without mentioning Rafe.
The alcohol in my system makes me think only about him it hurts my head.

Yeah, omw

I type and send it, I then open Miles's messages:

Miles Jefferson: Hey Julienne, just reminding you to be by the Country club at 3.

It's gonna be fun dw !

"Sure it will" I then say out loud and Pope turns his head at me as he drives, "what did ya say?" "no nothing" I shake my head and then type a reply for Miles.

"I hope you won't get caught drunk during your shift" then says Pope and I groan loudly, "seriously, why would I?" "I don't know, you don't look very sober that's all" he smirks.
"Yeah sure I don't" I disagree.
A while later he parks the truck in the parking lot of the Country Club. I open the door and step out, there's already a bunch of Kook cars parked here. "Let's go" says Pope and we both go inside of the Country Club.

"Good afternoon Mr.Heyward" a wide smile grows on my face as I notice Pope's dad. "Hello Julienne" he grins at me back, "your son is the best" I whisper to him and he lets out a giggle, "I know he is" he nods.

"Julienne!" I hear Miles's voice behind us and turn around, "sup!" I wave at him, "Im sorry, girls gotta work" I wink at the two Heyward's and walk over to Miles. "You okay?" he asks and I nod, "couldn't be better" I get inside and get to the dressing room. I put my uniform on and join the others by the bar.

"Julessss" Sophie's voice is so recognizable even from afar. I glance to my left and see her running to me, "I saw Joshua, he told me about your kiss at the party" she winks and I nod slowly. "Yeah the party was uh...fun" "yeah me and Rafe are kind of a thing" she leans to whisper in my ear. I almost vomit the whole vodka as she tells me this. It feels like getting stabbed through the heart a million of times.

"You're like together?" I force a smile and she sips from her glass of water, "I don't know, I think? He's pretty great, you know?" she smiles and I bite my lip too hard. "Yeah..I bet he is" I nod.
"Girls!" thank God Joshua arrives and interrupts this conversation of shame. "Hey" I smile feeling my head spinning a little more. "Hey you" he smirks, "it's already filling up!" Miles claps his hands and we immediately focus. At least I tried.

I walk around the people making sure they all have what they want. Everyone was dressed up in bright colors walking around the club. Some were dancing to the music playing from the speaker, some where drinking and chatting by the bar... "Have you ever seen so much Kooks in one place?" suddenly says a voice behind me, "Kiara?" I chuckle almost making the cocktails fall off the tray. "Jesus Jules are you drunk?" she asks and I try to hide my smile as I shake my head, "nooo- just a little little bit" I explain and pass her a cocktail, it made her laugh. "At least try not to get caught by your boss or some shit" she tapped on my shoulder.