Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Night had soon fallen over Outer Banks. At night, we're driving onto a bridge in the van. We had finally caught up with John B and Kie again.

JJ smokes a joint. "You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked. "It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff has gone down. I'm just gonna lay low." JJ looked at me. "Oh, did you wanna hit of this?"

I shake my head. "No, thank you."

JJ looked at Pope. "You wanna hit of this?"

"I keep the signal clear," Pope replied.

"Dude, okay." JJ began. "Do you understand what your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative, then—"

"Look, I— I know I was wrong about the lighthouse." John B had cut JJ off. "All right? And wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing. Okay? My Dad is trying to tell me something."

We had pulled up into a graveyard. "This place is scary." I had whined as we entered. I felt chills go all over my body.

"Awe, come on, Hollywood." JJ had wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Need a shoulder to cry on?"

I shoved him off. "No."

"John B, what are we doing here?" Kie had asked. John B hasn't told us what his plan was and I'm getting rather anxious. We all hold flashlights in our hands as John B guides us through the graveyard.

"You know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who the singer is?" John B questioned.

I beamed. "I have that issue all the time."

"So, Redfield." John B continued. "This whole time, I thought it was like a place, right? But it's not a place." We approach a mausoleum engraved in was the name, Redfield. "I'm a person." 

"Voi-effing-la." JJ had said. 

"See, my great-great-grandmother, Olivia Redfield." John B had announced. "That was her maiden name." Vines had grown over the entrance. A large hole marks of the door. "Help me with the door. Come on."

"All right," Pope muttered and the boys counted down. "Are you pushing?"

"Yeah, I'm pushing," John B grunts as they push against the door.

"Here, I got it," JJ insisted and helped the boys pushed while Kie and I stay back.

"Come on, this door is like 700 pounds." Pope groaned. "It's not gonna budge."

"We didn't get come this far to get this far, all right?" JJ told them. Suddenly, a snake appeared through the cracks, letting out a loud hiss. I let out a squeal, jumping backwards.

"I'm out!" I had yelled and turned sharply on my heel, but Kie grabbed my by the arm. I huffed and turned back around, standing a few meters away from the boys.

"That's a moccasin, all right!" JJ and the boys had jumped backwards. "Ye old Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." JJ began barking at the snake like a dog.

"JJ." I snapped. "Shut up! Shut up." I grabbed him by the arm, pulling him closer to me.

"You're gonna wake up the freakin' dead, man." Pope had told him.

"They're afraid of dogs." JJ had turned to me. "Everyone knows that, Hollywood. Wait, hold on, hold on." JJ had grabbed John B's shoulder.

"What?" Kie had groaned.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens."  JJ had informed us.

"What?" Pope's eyes widen.