Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Five

"This is the north drain." Pope had said as the next day we ventured to find the drain and the gun. "It should've gotten washed into the gully."

"So, if it got flushed out of this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like—"

"Somewhere in this trash." I looked down at the trash in the water.

"Correct." Pope nods his head.

Kie sighed. "Oh, my God. People who use plastic should be shot."

"Okay, personally, I love plastic," JJ told Kie. "Use it every day. Love that stuff."

"Okay, hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie smartly responded.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so... Trash bags." Pope had said, pulling up black trash bags.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie tilts her head.

"Maybe," Pope responded. Kie smirks and nods.

"You want us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" JJ had looked up at me and smiled. "Cause I'm sure Stormy and I can find plenty of things to do in the meantime—" Pope throws the bag at JJ.

"I'm sure you can." I nodded my head, rolling my eyes.

"Pick up the trash." Pope had snapped.

After cleaning up the trash. Well, more as the boys did, we put the trash bags aside. To be honest, JJ cleaning up the trash and saving the ocean made him ten times hotter. "Well, that was fun." JJ had sarcastically said.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the drain." Pope points out.

"It's in... It's in the drain." JJ repeated. 

"Damn it," Pope muttered.

"Of course it is." I sighed, placing a hand on my hip.

"Good thing I brought the crow." JJ brings the crow out of his bag.

"So... Are we gonna do like, rock, paper, scissors?" Kie questioned.

"No," JJ responded.

"Or Alphabetically?" I suggested and Kie nods.

"Nah." JJ also had said. "Okay, Pope. One, two, three." JJ had ripped the barrier drain pipe from the drain.

"Or, like, oldest goes?" Kie continued.

"I think I'm the oldest." I pointed to myself. "So, I say eeny meeny miny moe this shit."

"That could work!" Kie had nodded.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there." JJ had cut me and Kie's conversation off. "If it gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker. So, uh... That would be a hard pass for me."

"Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me." Pope nods.

"All right, fine." She agreed. "All right, I kind of get it. You guys are scared."

"No, I'm not scared." JJ shakes his head.

"It's kind of cute." Kie had continued to tease. She continued to tease them.  

"I'll go with you, Kie." I offered and she nods.

"I appreciate it." She told me. "You can go first."

"Okay, just, be careful," Pope told her.

"I'll be so careful." Kie nods.

JJ quickly peck my lips. "I love you, baby,"