Chapter 1

Skye's basic aesthetic:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Pope said" That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival." I reached for the drill he kept pressing, I was on his back, I giggled as John B stuck his finger in his mouth then felt the wind.
John B said" Should I do it?"
" Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down."
" You're gonna shoot me." He made a finger gun," Pew!"
" Yep."
Kie said" They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers."
JJ said" Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?"
" This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" I slid off Pope's back and walked to her,
" I can't have cold towels."
I said" Kie! John B!" I pointed up to John B, she looked up,
She said" Can you please not kill yourself?"
JJ said" Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one."
John B said" Whoa!" He dropped the can, Kie lifted me up," Oh, shit."
" Of course you did, like right when I told you."
Kie said" Smooth." John B groaned, I giggled,
Pope said" A-plus."
" Dumbass."
" Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up."
John B said" Boys are early today."
JJ said" Humpty Dumpty, let's roll."
Kie said" Let's go, boys."
" Gary, is that you?! Gary, good to see you, man!" He climbed down,
" You're asking for it. Hold on, Munchkin!" They ran, I laughed and wrapped my arms around her neck as they all ran down the stairs.

We got outside, Kie passed me to John B and he ran to the van, I laughed as he tickled my tummy and got in, putting me into the passenger seat. Kie jumped in, then we drove to JJ and Pope.
Kie said" Come on, boys! Whoo!" They jumped in, John B drove off,
Pope said" Check out Gary, gunnin' for a raise."
JJ said" Come on, Gary! Wait. Slow down." He stuck his head out,
Kie said" You're gonna give him a heart attack."
" You're so close! You can do it. There you go. They don't pay you enough, bro."
" JJ, stop. Stop."
" Oh, come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." JJ saw me in the passenger seat," What are you doin' up there?" He smiled at me,
I said" John B put me here!"
" Come'er." He pulled me to him, I laughed as I crashed onto his chest, and looked up at him." Munchkin." I smiled widely, then kissed his nose," You disgust me. Go to Pope." He gently pushed me into Pope's arms, Pope's arms wrapped around me as he let go. I laughed as Pope kissed my cheek," Aw, the only girl to ever love Pope."
Kie said" More like the only girl to ever love you." She ruffled my hair, I smiled at her," Do you love JJ, Skye?" JJ winked at me,
I said" Yup!"
" Are you sure? He's gross."
" Nuh-uh! He just stinks s'times!"
JJ said" Seriously, Skye?"
" Loves?" He grumbled, I pouted, looking at him,
" Loves." I giggled, smiling again," Anyone want to adopt her? I mean, she's a total magnet."
Kie said" You would literally kill us if we even tried to take her away from you."
" Nah, I need a break."
" Fine. Let her stay with me for 3 days."
" No! Are you crazy?" He snatched me from Pope and hugged me to his chest, laying his chin on my head.
Pope said" We told you so."
" Shut up. Three days is way too long for her to be away from me, she'd start crying and shit."
John B said" Munchkin would you start crying if you didn't see your big bro for 3 whole days?"
I said" N-" JJ covered my mouth then kissed my cheek,
He whispered" Say yeah and I'll get you candy." He uncovered my mouth,
" Yeah!"
Pope said" You just bribed her!"
JJ said" What? No, I didn't."
Kie said" Yeah, you did."
" No, I didn't. Right, Skye?"
I said" No, he didn't."
———
I was running around the yard, giggling as I played with a stick, John B came out of his house and laid in the hammock. I don't know where JJ was, but I woke up before everyone so I decided to play in the yard. I walked to the tree and started climbing it, then my tummy was grabbed and I saw John B.
I said" JB!"
He said" Hey, munchkin. Whatcha doin?"
" Climbin'."
" And what did we say about climbing the big scary tree with no pogue around?"
" Not to!"
" And what are you doing?"
" Doin' it anyway!"
" Mini JJ." I giggled, smiling at him, he sighed then let go," All right, go."
" Loves!" I continued climbing till I got to the big branch, I smiled down at him, he laughed.
" JJ would totally kick my ass if he knew you were climbing big scary tree, you know." I giggled,
" Where's bub?"
" Uh... He-He's still sleeping, Skye."
" Okay!" I climbed down then jumped into his arms, he caught me and put me down, I ran off again.
" Be careful!"
" I knows!"