Lines: Neil Perry

There's moments where you feel like you've done the most brilliant thing in the world, and moments where you read it all back and realize how stupid you sound to others. Of course, y/n, waited until the last minute to reread his script but their wasn't any time left. Actor to actor: the only thing left was to let your emotions float throughout the room.

Neil read with his lip tucked between his teeth. A small gleam of mischief behind his eyes, that of which was slightly unsettling considering how vibrant he was with his acting technique.

"You wrote this all by yourself?" He mumbled before looking over at y/n, his neck craned slightly. Y/n nodded and pulled up a chair next to Neil. He waited nervously waiting for him to pick a line but it seemed like he never would. 

"You know, you always talk about how you're always writing but I never got to see any of your work until now. It's kind of crazy" Neil chuckled, flipping another page. "Even more bizarre how it took me practicing for an audition to finally see it."

"I didn't want you to have an advantage over everybody else. And writing by myself makes me make my own decisions. If you would've helped me....I would've entirely written what you wanted to happen."

"Yearwood by Y/N, cowritten by Neil Perry...hm," Neil smiled widely. "I quite like the sound of that actually, you should've let me help you."

"But then you wouldn't be able to audition."

Neil turned back to the script. Y/n eased over the page as Neil began to highlight. 

"Vandalism doesn't come naturally me but I'd write our names on billboards for you," Neil dramatized with a laugh, reading Sean Hammond. 

"You don't get it, Hammond," Y/n followed, feigning annoyance in his tone. 

"What is there not to get? It's been two years since I lost you but I can't lose you again. Things come and go in life, I know, but not anymore."

"I have a boyfriend, seriously just let it go."

Neil stopped on the next sentence which Y/n had taken mistakingly as dramatic effect. 

Neil cleared his throat. 

"I still love you."

Y/n read over Logan Del Mar's line and winced before quietly uttering. 

"I know."