what is their flowers

Richard
holly: meaning "am I forgotten"

he is usually the one with the short end of the stick and he feels like a background character at times. i feel like a lot of his actions are justified by jealousy. overall i think it's a matter of feeling left behind. every poet has something they're great at and he's sort of in the middle.

Knox
lilac: meaning first emotions of love.

he seems like a hopeless romantic and the first emotions of love reminds me of butterflies, painful toothy smiles, and holding hands.

Todd
oak leaves: bravery

he's actually the main character of dead poets society, in my opinion. we see him evolve and grow within his happiness. his first act of bravery was reading to the class and he also grows in confidence. he deeply changes as the movie continues and this makes him the perfect image of bravery.

Neil
Lily of the valley: return of happiness

self explanatory. i feel like he's the embodiment of happiness until the very end. similarly to todd there are descriptions of his own happiness. neil's happiness is transferred. there was a return of happiness to those surrounding him.

Stephen
goldenrod: meaning encouragement

in many ways stephen could be a glue. he's insanely smart and witty. since he did go to war, i could see him using his abilities to give encouragement to other solider like he did with the dead poets.

Gerard
blue violent: meaning faithfulness

he's a ride or die! especially with stephen they could be lifelong friends and was super loyal to dead poets.