𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘

Flashback
6 weeks ago

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Hopper runs through the doors as he sees poor Aura sitting on the ground, her back against the wall and her legs against her chest. Curled up sobbing, waiting outside the surgery room. She was wearing a yellow sundress her legs all cut and bleeding. Two nurses standing over her.

"Honey if you don't come with us we're going to sedate you. You're bleeding from everywhere including your head.. you need stitches"

One of the nurses say in a calm voice. She shakes her head refusing.

"I'm not going anywhere until my parents come out"

She sobs. Hopper walks towards her with tears in his eyes.

"Aura.."

He manages to slip out with a slight break in his voice. Aura lifts her head up turning her head to see her uncle standing there.

"Uncle Jim"

She trembles and she stands up so quickly she loses her balance.

The little old brown teddy she had in her lap fell to the ground near her feet.

"Woah woah, easy kid"

Hopper catches her from falling.

"You came"

She breaks a smile through the pain.

"Yeah.. yeah I'm here, kid"

He notices his sleeves already drenched in blood from where her head was supported. Jim looks at the nurses giving them a nod in approval before he sweeps up Aura gently picking her up.

Aura's eyes slowly start to close but she fights hard to stay awake.

"I don't want to leave them."

She whispers.

"I'll be around, don't worry"

He says softly before taking a few steps forward, he motions his finger to the floor where the little teddy is.

"Could you-"

Before he even finishes his sentence the nurse nods.

"Oh course"

She leans down picking it up before he takes Aura to the room to be checked. Once he lays her down on the bed he strokes her hair.

"You're going to be fine kid, I promise you"

Aura falls unconscious as the nurse calls in for a doctor.

"Please step outside sir.."

Hopper nods as they hand him the teddy before pushing him gently to leave.

Hopper takes a deep breath as he waits outside, leaning against the wall squinting his eyes shut fighting back his tears. He couldn't lose his family, all this bought back the pain of him losing his daughter. He squeezes his fingers tight in one hand where he's holding the little teddy and his other hand places his fingertips in the inner corner of his eyes soaking up his tears into his fingers.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

One week later

Hopper walks towards Aura who was sitting with her legs crossed on the grass in front of the graves of her parents.

"Hey kid.."

He kneels next to her looking ahead at the graves.

"Have you thought about it?"

Aura turns her head to look at Hopper, Hooper's eyes meet with hers. He could tell she hasn't been sleeping well by her eye bags, her bloodshot eyes told him she hasn't stopped crying. Not even once.

"I'm sorry what?"

She asks confused.

"Moving to Hawkins with me"

He continues.

"Trust me that's the last town I want you growing up in, but you have no one else here. It's better if you come stay with me"

Aura turns her head to look ahead at the graves.

"Don't you have a daughter now? What was her name.. El?"

She asks. Hopper smiles softly.

"Yes I do, but don't even think about being a burden.. she knows about you and she's excited to you know.."

Aura looks at Hopper again with a raised eyebrow.

"Have a sister?"

She asks sarcastically but not in a bitter way. She just couldn't show emotion at this time, however her sarcasm slips out time to time.

"I think you both will get along very well"

Aura nods.

"I'll stay with you until I graduate, and then I'm out okay?"

Hopper nods placing his hand on her back rubbing it softly.

"You've always been independent, you take after your mother for sure..."

Aura let's out a soft smile.

"Thank you uncle Jim"

He then trails his hand from her back and holds it out for her. She places her hand softly in his as he holds it tightly.

"Why don't you sing them a little song.."

Aura scrunches up her nose shaking her head letting go of his hand.

"Nah.. besides we have packing to do.."

Hopper nods.

"We have time.."

Aura and Hopper glance at each other. Last time she sang for him was Christmas two years ago, her voice was angelic from last time he remembered.

"One song.."

She trails with her eyebrows raised.. making sure he won't ask for more.

"One song.."

He repeats.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩