Bonus Chapter #1

First Meeting

"I don't want to go in!" 6 year old Logan stomped her foot on the ground as she and her mother stood outside her school.

"Well too bad." Sherri said and grabbed her arm, dragging her in the front doors. Logan was trying to catch up with her but she was walking too fast and her arm was starting to hurt from her mom's grip. "Here. This is your class. Stay. I'll pick you up at 3." she walked away after she said that, leaving Logan to walk in the room herself. When she walked in she saw some of the children with their parents while others were playing with toys on the ground. She just walked to the back and sat down.

"Hi." she looked up at the sound of someone's voice. It was a small boy around her age. He had brown wavy hair and wore a baggy T-shirt and shorts. Logan looked behind her to see if he was talking to someone else. "I'm talking to you silly. I walked over here because I wanted to say that you look like me, except a girl." he stated with a smile.

"I don't look like you." she denied it, not seeing the resemblance.

"You don't think so? I think we look like brother and sister. We both have brown hair and brown eyes. You know I've always wanted a sister, but I guess having my dad all to myself is better. I'm John Booker Routledge but you can call me John B." he smiled at her and held out his hand to shake.

"I'm Logan." she looked at him weirdly before putting out her hand and shaking his.

"John B!" a little boy yelled from across the room then ran over to them. "What are you doing?! She's a girl!" He ripped his friend's hand from Logan's.

"So?" John B questioned.

"So. She has cooties!" the blond said and tried to pull him away from her but she stood up and walked closer to him.

"I don't have cooties!" She said to him standing to her full height to be intimidating, she often saw her father do that when he fought with the men he brought over.

"Yes you do! You're a girl! And girls have cooties!" he said as he let go of John B and looked towards the small girl.

"Who told you that? Because whoever did is a dummy." Logan snarked then turned around to sit back down but she got pulled back by her ponytail. "Hey!"

"JJ!" John B yelled. "You can't do that!" He pulled his friend back.

"Why not? She was being rude!" JJ said to his best friend. He crossed his arms in anger and pouted.

"It's not nice to pull someone's hair." John B said then turned to his new friend. "I'm sorry for him."

"Don't say sorry to her, she has cooties!" JJ said again and this time Logan got really mad.

"I'll show you cooties!" She walked right up to him and kissed his cheek making sure to get all her 'cooties' on him. When she backed up and sat down at her desk JJ had a red face and John B was laughing.

"I think we're gonna be great friends." John B said then sat in the place behind her with JJ beside him who was still in shock from the kiss.