𝗦𝗶𝘅

𝗔𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗱

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

The noise stopped. Everything stopped.

The raging storm of my emotions subsided when Steve's mouth landed on mine. And suddenly I was in that tavern bathroom a month ago, letting him take away pain he didn't know I had. It was frantic, with the heat of his palms against my cheeks, stopping the tears that never seemed to slow. When he finally pulled away, we looked at each other wide-eyed, I was preparing for the insult, the accusation of me sleeping with him to get to the top again. But there seemed to be a war inside of Steve's mind, weighing something out. And I needed to protect myself before he could land a devastating blow. I was to be used as bait tomorrow, just like my first mission, except this time, the only life I was in charge of was mine. So, I cleared my throat, moving to get off the table, "Right," Steve's eyes had me pausing my motions, the blue was so deep it looked like the midnight zone of the ocean, he was wild. "Thank you, it helped."

Steve moved like a predator, locking the door before his eyes landed on me again, and I felt the fire ignite in my body, emotion, yes, emotion was coming back. I was feeling again. After yesterday I had no reason to will myself to feel, but now, when Steve prowled across the room to stand in front of me, I needed to feel like I was burning alive, I needed him. "For a month," his voice was so raspy I was taken back, one of his palms wrapping around my hip, his hand was so big compared to mine, I hadn't noticed it that night in the bathroom, "I remembered every little sound that fell out of your mouth," I whimpered when he squeezed my waist, "I have remembered the taste of your mouth, how you look when you fall apart, I have dreamed of you, and fuck, you have driven me insane." I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, parting my legs so he could fit between, "For a week, I've watched you draw blood from Rumlow, roll around on that god-forsaken mat, and train with him when all I wanted was to have you to myself," Steve's head ducked into my neck, licking up the column of muscles, "You've been the worst form of torture."

I shuttered under his touch, my hands gripping the shoulders of his training shirt, every contour of muscles on display through the tight fabric, and with the strain of my neck, Steve bit into the skin. "The file," I whispered, shaking as he worked at the zipper of my training suit, "You said, I don't." I couldn't form a coherent sentence when his warm palms ran up my ribs, stopping at the bottom of my sports bra. "I don't want this to be used against me."

"Do you care if you're my partner in missions?"

"No," I breathed out, wincing when my knuckles brushed the fabric of his shirt, I hadn't realized how badly I messed them up. "No really."

"Then you're not using me to secure a position," His mouth was on my collarbone, kissing along the skin, leaving red marks in the wake of his teeth, "I won't tell if you don't."

I laid back on the table as an answer, smiling when Steve crawled over me, unzipping the rest of my training suit and lifting me to pull it off the top of my body. "One day I'll have you somewhere other than a bathroom, or a room that might as well be a storage closet," I let out a laugh, the warmth of his body bringing a smile to my lips, I had been craving his touch for over a month. "And the second I do, it will be worth every fucking second of stolen time."

I reached for his face, pulling him to my lips again, and groaned when he kissed me so hard my head moved with his motions. He had no restraint with me and it made me feel so needed, like I was the only person in the world who could make him feel like this. One of his palms cupped my breast and I whined against his mouth, pushing my chest into his palm. "That's my girl," his teeth sunk into my bottom lip, holding me there, "Those are the noises I remember."