𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲
*smut*

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

It was hard to miss Astrid when I walked into the bar.

She was on the dance floor, sandwiched between Thompson and Quinton, her drink in the air as she laughed, her head on Quinton's collarbone. It was the first time in a week I had entered my apartment to not see her there, and it was eerily silent. I hated it, I hated not seeing reminders of her around the house. But seeing her smiling, laughing, after so many days of holding her as her nightmares took her hostage, it was refreshing, even if she was sandwiched between two men who weren't me.

She wore a tight corset top, one that showed off her cleavage a little too well, and a pair of skinny jeans, that framed her ass perfectly. I was getting that feeling of absolute desperation as I looked at her, the same feeling I had the first night I saw her. But I wasn't here to ruin her night, I was here to watch her have some freedom, to celebrate the change in her career, to celebrate that she'd be safe under my watch. Her cheeks were flushed when she rolled her head on Quinton's chest, his hands loosely on her waist, and she smiled wider when she saw me.

She slid from between the two men, making her way to where I leaned against the bar. Astrid was gorgeous, her light brown hair was down, brushing her collarbones with each step she took, and her smile made her glow. It took everything in me not to reach out and touch her when she approached, wanting to feel the soft skin around her stomach. The corset brushed the top of her jeans, and I wanted them both off her, I wanted her so bad that it was dangerous for me to be around her. "Do you ever smile?" Astrid asked, leaning against the bar beside me and I couldn't help but let a faint smile touch my lips, "Not everything has to be so serious."

"Believe me," I took the bottle of beer when it was set before me, taking a long drink, "The thoughts racing through my head are far less serious than they should be."

Astrid gave me a sultry smile, sipping on the drink she had in her hand, "Thinking of me Captain Rogers?"

"Always am Agent King."

She leaned across the bar, her arms pressing against her chest, "I'd hate for you to play favorites," Astrid's perfume assaulted me, my desire growing with every passing moment, "Wouldn't want to make you think I'm sleeping my way to the top."

I grinned, leaning forward so our noses brushed each other, "You can sleep your way to the top all you want Agent King, as long as the only one you're sleeping with is me." I knew I'd eat those words someday, the accusation of her sleeping with me to get to be my partner. But it's been weeks now, and I haven't wanted anyone more. Every day when she wakes up in my bed, I want to pin her to the mattress, to remind her that I'm the only person who can make her feel good, who can reach the spots of pleasure that no man ever could for her. "Those words will haunt me forever, won't they angel?"

Her eyes fluttered, that subtle sultry look crossing her face. "They will," I reached for her belt loop under the bar, tugging her closer, smirking when she gasped, "My, Captain Rogers, this is fraternization," She grinned and I matched it, "God's righteous man, breaking the rules?" She placed a hand on her chest, acting scandalized, but all it did was bring my eyes to her cleavage, watching the swell of her breasts with each breath she took, "How will I ever recover from this knowledge?"

I pulled Astrid closer, my lips brushing her ear as I spoke, "Preferably on your knees, but I guess we'll see won't we?"

Astrid's breath hitched and she pulled back to look at me, her eyes wide with a blush on her cheeks. But before she could say anything, a hand landed on my shoulder, forcing my attention away from Astrid, to Banner and Romanoff. "Nat? Bruce? I didn't expect for you guys to be here?"