22. The second kiss

-

JJ had settled down after a few minutes, and they returned to the living room. JJ threw a glare at Charlie as he sat down next to Pope with his arms crossed over his chest.

Wynonna sat down next to him, crossing her own arms over her chest.

"Are you two just gonna sit there and glare at me?" Charlie questioned, eyeing the twins.

"Three." Kiara said, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at him.

"I am not crossing my arms, but I am glaring at you." Pope told him, and JJ nudged him with his elbow, and Pope rolled his eyes but crossed his arms.

"Great." Charlie sarcastically mumbled before a creak was heard outside of the cabin.

Charlie quickly stood up, grabbing his gun. "Stay." He ordered the teens, but the teens were already up and looking out the window.

"What part of stay don't you understand?" Charlie asked,

"The part where we aren't dogs and we don't have to listen to you." Kiara replied, the others nodding in agreement.

The creak was heard again before whispering was.

"Get away from the window." Charlie ordered them, and the teens went and hid behind him.

He rolled his eyes at them. First, they were mad at him, and now they were hiding behind him?

The door to the cabin open, "You didn't lock it?" JJ questioned, but he was ignored.

"Stop! Lower the gun!" Charlie yelled as someone entered the cabin.

It was Rafe, and he was aiming his own gun at Charlie.

"Nah, you put your gun down, old man." Rafe said before he noticed Wynonna and JJ, letting his guard.

That's all it took for Charlie to disarm him and hold him against the wall.

"Dad! Stop! He's a friend!" Wynonna said, pushing her father back and standing in front of Rafe, and JJ stood next to her.

"Dad? He's your father, I thought he was dead?" Rafe questioned, and Wynonna turned to look at him.

"Oh, right, he's been alive this whole time, saved me just in time. Dad, meet Rafe." Wynonna introduced

Rafe glared at him, and Charlie turned his attention towards the cabin door as two other people walked in.

"John B, Sarah!"

John B eyes widened as he saw Wynonna, and he let out a laugh rushing forward and wrapping his arms around her,picking her up and spinning her around.

"You're not dead! Oh my god, you're not dead!" John B exclaimed, putting her down, and Wynonna smiled at him.

"I'm not dead." Sarah went over and hugged her,

"I'm glad you're not dead, but how?" Sarah questioned, pulling back, and Wynonna looked at her father.

"He can explain everything."

Charlie threw her a look ,"Wait, holy shit, that's your dad, he's alive? Is your mom alive? Your grandma!?" John B asked in shock.

"That remains a mystery, " Wynonna replied, "but I'm pretty my grandmother is dead, I saw her die."

"How about your father starts explaining how the hell is he alive when he's supposed to be dead?" Rafe suggested, looking at Charlie.

Charlie glared at him, but rafe didn't seem fraze by it at all.

"How about you start explaining how you found this place?" Charlie questioned

"Pope sent us a text." John B replied, holding up his phone.

"You kids have phones!?" Charlie questioned, irritated.

"We weren't born in the Stone Age." JJ replied, and Charlie huffed,

"Phones on the table now, all of you." Charlie ordered.

One by one, everyone put their phones on the table except for Wynonna and JJ.

Everyone looked at JJ, "What? My phone got buried in a cave,"

"Lucky for me, birdy was there to save me, or I would've been with my phone right now. "JJ said, sending Charlie a look.

Charlie ignored the look in favor of smashing the phones.

"Whoa!"

"What the hell!?"

"Dude!"

Charlie ignored the shout of the teens.

"They could've tracked you here." Charlie told them,

"We could've just turned them off." Kiara said, shaking her head.

Charlie just sighed, "I need a break from all of you." He muttered to himself before walking out of the cabin.

Rafe pulled Wynonna to the side, "Can I talk to you?"

Wynonna nodded, "Yeah, let's go somewhere more private."

JJ stayed behind with the others, all whispering to each other.

Wynonna and Rafe went to the back to the room where Wynonna and JJ went before.

"I'm sorry," Rafe spoke before Wynonna could, "I'm sorry for what I did, I regret it, Nonna, i regret betraying you, and I know that you probably won't forgive me but I just wanted you to know that I am sorry."

"I trusted you, Rafe." Wynonna told him, and Rafe nodded,

"I know. I know, okay, and i am sorry. If I could take it all back, I would... but JJ made me realize something, Nonna, and I don't want to keep a secret because I don't know what's gonna happen next, but I don't want to lose you again," rafe rambled,

"I think I'm in love you..no, I am in love with you, Nonna, and not just you...that stupid pogue too, " Rafe confessed, running a hand through his hair, letting out a sighed.

"And I know that I don't deserve anything after what I did.." Rafe was cut off by soft lips touching his.

Wynonna pulled back, and Rafe blinked ,"You.. just kissed me," He smiled before smirking

"You kissed me."

Wynonna nodded, "Yes, I did." She sighed,

"Look, I admit that I like you, but you're gonna have to earn my trust again." She told him, and rafe nodded

"As long as I get more kisses as rewards, then I will do anything." He winked at her, and Wynonna blushed, letting out a small chuckle.

"I'm sorry about my dad, he's different now, you know? It's like I don't him." Wynonna mumbled,

"Yeah, I know the feeling, "Rafe told her before he hesitantly pulled her into a hug.

Wynonna wrapped her arms around him, sighing.

"Whatever happens, I'll be right beside you."

----------

Word count - 1017

Thoughts?