3.

Sandhya's POV

Today is our flight back home. After yesterday's event today's morning was very awkward.

After our -ahem- last night. Viki ran into the washroom like the room was set on fire. I quickly got inside the sheets and closed my eyes pretending to sleep.

Because there was no way I was getting any sleep tonight.

He came out after about 15 minutes and thankfully did not sleep on the bed. He laid down on the couch.

A part of me wanted to call him back from that uncomfortable couch but I knew we both needed time. Especially after what had just happened.

I have always thought that kissing Viki would be eww. I mean he is my best buddy and we have seen each other pee their pants.

But it was nothing like that. In fact I loved it. I loved the kiss. I loved how it felt to be in his arms. I loved how it felt to be kissed by him.

Okay! I have officially lost my mind.

Now what I am going to do is. I am just going to pretend that the kiss didn't happen at all and boom! We will be back to normal.

Yeah! I am going to do just that.

We board the flight and sit on our seats.

As soon as the flight started I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep.

From the flight to the airport to our homes none of us spoke a word.

I entered my home after plastering an excited grin on my face.

I straight away ran to mumma and hugged her. Then I told her everything we did on the trip except for the kiss.

"Khub masti kri na?"

She asked with a smile caressing my hair and I nodded.

"Chalo good. Ab kya socha hai aapne madam?"

I frowned and asked.

"Kis baare mai?"

"Aree! Shaadi ke baare mai."

My smile fell and Viki's face came in front of my eyes.

"Sochna kya hai? Kr lenge 4-5 saalon mai."

I said resting back and received a loud smack on my head.

"Oww! Achha baba maar kyu rhe ho?"

I said rubbing my head.

"Maine mana thodi na kia. Krlo jo krna hai."

"Hain! Matlab? Tu hamari pasand se shaadi kregi?"

She asked disappointed. I nodded and she glared at me.

"Kya faayda tumhara trip pr jaane ka. Nalayak. Hatt yaha se."

She went from there mumbling somethings.

What was that?

Vikrant's POV

We returned home today and the same evening Saanjh and her family came home for dinner.

She looked cute in her floral jumpsuit.

She was giggling and playing with Rhea, my niece.

Our parents were taking on the most heated issue. Our marriages.

"Iss ladke haan toh kr di lekin ab koi ladki hi pasand nhi aa rhi. Subah se 10 photo dikha chuki hu saari reject kr di."

Mumma said glaring at me. From the corner of my eyes I saw Saanjh looking at me.

"Sandhya ne toh haan krdi. Dekh rhe hai ab hum bhi ladke."

"Achha! Meri nazar mai hai ek. Meri bhabhi ka beta hai. Architect hai issi ki tarah. Bolo toh baat chhedu."

Any other day I would have wiggled my eyebrows at her and teased her but today I felt engraged.

I was not able to hear her name with any other man. It angered me for some reason.

And why did she say yes for an arrange marriage. Did that kiss mean nothing to her.

I clenched my fists and jaw and closed my eyes to calm myself.

Getting up I stormed to my room. Closing the door behind me I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

How can she forget it so easily? Kya uske liye ye sab kuch mayne nhi rakhta.

I picked up the vase from the table and was about to throw it when my eyes fell on her standing on the door looking at me.

She pursed her lips and snatched the vase from my hands keeping it back down.

"Ye kya kr rha tha tu? Itna pareshan kia tha mujhe iss vase ke chakkar mai. Kaha kaha nhi ghumaya tha iske liye. Aur issi ki hatya kr rha tha."

She said keeping her hands on her hips making my eyes go there for a moment. I looked back into her eyes and aunty's words from some time back came rushing to my mind making me angrier than I was.

I moved near her and asked looking straight into her eyes.

"Tune shaadi ke liye haan krdi? Jo kuch hua uske baad bhi?"

She avoided my eye and moved away from me.

"Kya bol rha hai tu? Kya hua aisa?"

I held her arm and pulled her into my chest. She gasped and looked at me.

"Really? Pretending to be cool are we? Kuch nhi hua tha kya?"

She looked away and said.

"Aisa toh kuch bhi nhi tha jaise tu react kr rha hai."

I chuckled humorlessly.

"Achha? Tere liye bhut normal hai kya? Kisi ko kiss krna aur phir pretend krna ki kuch hua hi nhi?"

She looked into my eyes and said.

"It was just a kiss Vikrant! We were not in our senses aur ho gaya jo hona tha. Big deal! Iska matlab ye toh nhi na ki hum uss baat ko leke hi baith jaaye."

"Sach mai? Matlab that kiss meant nothing to you?"

I felt something break inside me when she shook her head. I left her and moved away from her.

"But it meant everything to me. Just like you mean everything to me Saanjh. Lekin you obviously don't feel anything for me. Koi baat nhi. I won't force you. Ab tune shaadi ke liye haan kr hi di toh mai bhi kr deta hu. There's no point waiting for you when you clearly don't want me."

I said and went out leaving her there. I went to the terrace to calm myself
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️