5.

Hi Ruhi
I heard that fucker Angad and your conversation. And I am definitely NOT him. Please don't go with him today.
I can't keep this hint thing postponed for a month anymore.
We are in the same class Ruhi.
I love you!
Yours
Secret Lover❤️

Ruhi sighed in relief reading the letter. Thank God Angad wasn't the one. She was obviously not planning to meet him but was genuinely confused.

But wait-

He said he heard their conversation yesterday that means he couldn't have posted the letter long back. And the letter takes atleast a week to be delivered.

That means he was here.

She ran down the stairs and towards the reception.

"Parvati! Parvati! Ye letter? Ye letter kisne dia?"

She asked panting heavily and frowned seeing the owner there. Where was Parvati when she had to be there.

"Ek ladka aaya tha beta. Kyu kya hua?"

The lady asked and Ruhi's eyes twinkled.

"Aapko pata hai kaun tha? Photo li aapne uski?"

The lady frowned and asked.

"Photo kyu leni thi? Delivery wala hoga koi."

Ruhi sighed knowing the chance was lost. If Parvati would have been there she definitely would have clicked his picture.

But Parvati's mother didn't know anything.

"Hi Ruhi. Yaar ek cheez nhi samajh aa rhi mujhe-"

"Kartik!"

She whined and he stopped sitting straight.

"Kya hua?"

"He came here. Personally came here but I missed it."

She cried and Kartik gulped.

"How do you know?"

"The letter. It says he heard mine and Angad's convo yesterday so letter mail se toh nhi aa skta itni jaldi. Matlab wo aaya tha na. Pr aaj PG owner thi reception pr. Agat Parvati hoti toh wo picture le leti lekin aunty ko kuch pata hi nhi tha yaar. I missed him."

Kartik sighed in relief. Thank God!

The next day she told the Shreyansh and Mehek about him being in the same class as her. Kartik didn't come to college.

"What? Really?"

Mehek looked at her wide eyed and Ruhi nodded biting her lip.

"Toh let's do one thing. Class list print krwate hai and let's eliminate the names from there. Shortlist krte hai."

Ruhi's eyes twinkled at the idea and she immediately ran towards the photocopy shop.

She took out a printout of the class list.
She, Mehek and Shreyansh sat and started eliminating the names.

Ruhi crossed out the names of all the girls. Shreyansh took the pen from her and crossed out his name.

"Mai nhi hu."

He said and Ruhi chuckled. She started to cross off Kartik's name but Mehek stopped her.

"It could he him. Usse puchhke hatayenge na."

"Arre Kartik hota toh bta nhi deta kya?"

Ruhi said and Mehek rolled her eyes.

"Haan but still. Achha ek chhota sa cross daal de corner mai."

Ruhi shook her head but did so.

The next day when Kartik came the four of them sat discussing random stuff when Shreyansh asked.

"Achha tera name elimination kaha tak pahucha?"

"Name elimination?"

Kartik asked and Shreyansh filed him with the whatever happened last day.

"So? Kitne names shortlist kiye?"

He asked looking at Ruhi and she looked at the list.

"Umm-abhi tak 30."

She said passing the list to Kartik. His eyes scanned throughout the list and his smile fell seeing a cross in front of his name.

She wouldn't even think about him that ways that she had crossed out his name in the beginning only.

He gave the list back to her and nodded getting up.

"Mujhe library mai kuch kaam hai. I'll see you guys in class."

He said and walked away taking his bag making Ruhi frown.

"Isko aise ekdum se kya ho jaata hai?"

She mumbled and Mehek and Shreyansh looked at her helplessly.

Ruhi was sitting in her room thinking about Kartik's behaviour since the past few days.

She had noticed his gaze lingering on her for longer times now. He looked at her as if he-he-liked her.

Did he really like her? No! No that's not possible. He would have told her.

Just then she heard a knock on her door and opened it to find Parvati smiling mischeviously at her.

"Your aashiq is getting desperate nowadays. Letters ki frequency bhadti jaa rhi hai. Are you guys dating now?"

She asked excitedly and Ruhi rolled her eyes.

"Shut up!"

She said and Parvati went down chuckling. Ruhi shut the door and quickly opened the letter.

Hi Ruhi
Jaise jaise you are coming closer to find me I am getting restless jaan. The fact that you might know me and the hopes that we might actually be together is settling in me. Khudko jhoote hopes nhi dena chahta mai lekin I want to enjoy these moments with you Ruhi.
My feelings for you are starting to increase even more if possible. And to see that you are also equally desperate to meet me makes me want to pull you in my arms and never let you go away.
And don't worry your next hint is at the end of the letter.
I love you!
Yours
K💞

Ruhi gasped as she realised he had dropped his initial as a hint.

She quickly opened the class list and eliminated all the names not starting with the letter K. In the end she was left with only 5 names.

Krish, Kashin, Kanishk, Kathith and Kawaljeet.

It could be any one of them. But how does she find out who.

Should she message them and ask whether they wrote any letter to somebody.

No! That would make her look crazy.

She decided to first tell the rest about it and then discuss it with them about what to do.

Mehek does suggest good ideas although she may talk nonsense half of the time.

She kept the list in her bag and kept staring at the printed K💞 at the end of the letter with a shy smile on her face.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️