6.

Ruhi showed them the list with a wide grin making Mehek confused.

"Ye kya hai?"

She asked taking the list from her hands. Her eyes widened and she looked at Ruhi surprised.

"Ye? Itne saare naam kaise kaate tune? Koi aur hint mila?"

Ruhi nodded and said.

"His name starts with K."

She squealed excitedly. Shreyansh spat the water he was drinking making the girls look at him confused while he looked at Kartik making him raise his eyebrows at him.

The girls went back to discussing the list.

"What do you think? Kaise pata lagau inn panchho mai se kaun hai? Directly puchhu toh ajeeb lagega kya?"

Mehek thought for a moment and said.

"Haan! Lagega toh sahi. Kuch aur sochna padega."

Both of them sat thinking while both the boys sat there bored. Shreyansh on the other hand was lost in his thoughts.

Could it be who he thinks it is? But then he would never have hidden it from him. Right?

Seeing Kartik engrossed in his phone and not paying attention to the nonsense the two girls were brewing he too shrugged. Maybe he was just thinking too much.

Ruhi thought about what to do but finalised on nothing. Every idea seemed weird.

So she waited. For another letter. And he did not disappoint. Another letter came a week later.

As soon as Ruhi opened it she gasped. Why? Because it was a handwritten letter.

Hi Ruhi
This is probably the last letter I am writing to you as an unknown sender. Kyunki isse bada hint mai shayad hi de skta tha.
I know you are smart enough to know ki iss handwriting se mujhe kaise pehchaanna hai.
Agar pehchaan lo toh meet me at Rehmat Bookshop at 5 today.
I'll wait for you.
I love you!
Yours
K❤️

Ruhi immediately messaged the 5 names she shortlisted and asked for their notes.

In two hours she had all of their notes and she opened the images one by one to compare the handwriting.

Krish❌
Kashin❌
Kanishk❌
Kathith❌
Kawaljeet❌

"Inme se toh kisi ki bhi writing match nhi ho rhi. Ab kya kru?"

She mumbled biting her lip. She looked at the time. It was 4 pm right now.

Maybe she could go to Rehmat Bookshop and see him there face to face.

She quickly went and started getting ready. She wanted to look good. She wore a pink short dress that reached her midthigh and snugged into her body accentuating her curves.

Leaving her hair open and applying her favourite lipstick and little makeup she booked an auto.

It took her 15 minutes to reach the bookshop. It was 5:05.

She sighed. She wasn't much late. He would still be there right?

She entered in and the man at the reception greeted her. She gave him a small smile back and then looked around for a familiar face.

She frowned when her eyes fell on someone else. She walked to him and tapped his shoulder.

He turned and a wide smile formed on his face. But before he could say anything she spoke making his smile vanish.

"Tum yaha kaise?"

He looked at her for a moment trying to read her. Finally sighing he said.

"Mai- ye- iske liye."

He said picking up a random book. She nodded and he asked.

"Tum kaise?"

She blushed and he smiled.

"He is coming here today. Usne bola tha once I recognise him I should meet him here."

"So you know who it is?"

He asked and she pouted shaking her head.

"Bhut koshish ki maine. Lekin kisi ki bhi handwriting match nhi hui. But wo aa toh raha hi hai na. Toh I'll see him face to face. Which reminds me. He is late."

She mumbled looking at the time. It was 5:15 already. Where was he? Kartik smiled and said.

"Traffic mai phass gaya hoga. Tab tak you want to explore it here?"

He asked and her eyes twinkled. Ruhi and books were soul connection. He chuckled at her expressions and they started looking at the books.

She jumped in excitement when she saw a familiar book and started blabbering all about it to him while he just admired her.

It was almost 7 and there was no sign of the mystery man.

Ruhi sighed sadly and said.

"He didn't turn up."

Kartik not liking her sad mood round his arm around her shoulder and said.

"Koi baat nhi yaar. Ho skta hai kisi emergency mai phass gaya ho. Come let's cheer you up. Ice cream?"

He asked and she nodded with a cute grin. He ruffled her hair smiling and walked towards the ice cream stall.

He bought two ice creams and passed one to her.

"Here you go ma'am. Your favourite Double Chocolate."

"Tumhe kaise pata?"

She asked taking a bite out of it and he shrugged.

"I just know."

They walked towards the auto stands while having their ice creams and she smiled.

"Thank you. I really enjoyed aaj. Although wo aata toh aur achha hota but thank you. Mujhe cheer up krne ke liye bhi."

He smiled and she asked.

"How do you always know when I am sad or upset? Surprisingly tum hamesha hote ho."

She said and he looked at her surprised.

"Coincidence."

He said not knowing what else to say.

She smiled and waved him a bye sitting inside the auto.

She reached her PG and slumped on her bed.

She was thinking about everything that happened.

But why did he not come? She suddenly sat up straight realising something. She again went through the letters.

Your college, your department, student, same batch, same class, K and the handwriting.

She opened the chat and went through his notes again.

A laugh escaped her lips as she realised how stupid she has been. It was clear. How can she not recognise? There were so many hints yet she didn't recognise.

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️