𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓; voi-effing-là

          "𝐎h, that smells amazing

          "𝐎h, that smells amazing."

Marlowe's enduring eyes follow the plate of food in one of the waitress' hands. She chews the inside of her cheek, nearly forgetting the reason behind her visit to The Wreck - the restaurant of Kiara's family.

However, as soon as she catches sight of the curly brunette, she swallows the growing hunger.

"Kie," she calls, quickly making her way across the room.

The girl pauses her actions, leaving the spackling-brush limp in her hand. "Hey, what's up?"

"You tell me," she humors through a broad grin. "JB's concocting again. We need you."

Kiara releases a deep sigh. "Not gonna happen," she dismisses.

Marlowe watches, stunned. "What?"

"I'm not coming."

"The others are outside waiting on us like right now," she insists, gesturing to the door as if that would magically make her change her mind.

The curly-haired shrugs. "Still not coming. I got work and... stuff."

"Work and stuff?" she deadpans. "That might just be the most ridiculous thing I've heard this far. And I've spent the entire day with JJ and Pope... which, by the way-"

"-Mar, just let it go. I'm staying here," the girl cuts her off, tirelessly shifting back to the spackling. She casts her a tight smile. "I just... I'll see you guys tomorrow or something."

Marlowe raises her eyebrows, whistling a quiet tune of disappointment. "Right... okay, sure," she hesitates, not truly understanding the reason behind her friend's dismissing state.

Once making her way onto the porch of the back door, she casts the impatient boys a frown. "She says she's not coming...?" she informs, the words appearing more as a question than an actual statement.

Pope leans further out the window of the front passenger seat. "Why not?"

The brunette shrugs while making her way down the creaking stairs. "Don't know. But she's hellbent on sitting this one out."