chapter 5

Kie's POV:

JJ somehow sensed that I was nervous in this storm and he told me his whole life story. It broke my heart hearing about his awful childhood and the shit Luke put him through.

He was so sweet, gentle, and concerned about me when it was him I was worried about. I wish I could take all his pain away. He told me why he doesn't date and it makes total sense to me.

We went to dinner and then we came back and went to bed. Thankfully, this room had two twin beds. We were laying in bed and JJ was tossing and turning.

"You good?" I asked as it was distracting me from sleeping

"Yeah" He said and his voice sounded funny

I got out of my bed and I walked over to his bed and sat on the edge of it. I lightly put my hand on his back.

"Jayge" I said making up a new nickname for him

He rolled over and he looked at me. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Just got back to bed, I'm fine" He said pissed off

This went against all the rules. I laid down next to him and I wrapped my arm around him so he was the little spoon. He put his arm over mine and he was quietly crying. I could tell how his body moved.

He didn't say anything so I didn't either. After a few minutes, he said, "I'm sorry"

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I said comforting him

"I've never told anyone all that shit and it just brought back some memories that I'd rather not remember" He said in almost a whisper

"You're safe now, Luke's not here and you never have to see him again" I said not knowing how to comfort him

He always seemed so strong. I guess everyone has their breaking point. He eventually fell asleep and so did I. When I woke up, I was laying on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me. Our legs were intertwined.

There was absolutely no way that I could sneak out of this without waking him up. Then I heard his voice, "Good morning, princess"

"Good morning" I said trying not to make things awkward

He sat up and scooped me up bridal style into his arms and got up and carried me over to my bed. He did this all so effortlessly. He dropped me on my bed and then he went into the bathroom.

I knew he had muscles, but damn. I heard him turn the shower on and I got dressed for the day. We had been just walking in the bathroom to brush teeth while the other was in the shower. It's never been an issue until today.

I opened the door, thinking nothing of it and there JJ was standing butt ass naked. I saw everything. He just laughed, didn't try to cover up. There was this awkward pause and JJ being JJ asked, "Wanna shower with me?"

I rolled my eyes and shut the door. I couldn't believe what I just did. I felt so stupid. I did my make up and hair and waited for him to come out of the shower. He came out in a towel and I'm not going to lie.

His abs were perfect, even more perfect with the leftover water from his shower. He grabbed his clothes and went back to the bathroom to change.

"Ready to go?" I asked

"Damn, someone is awfully moody today"

"No, I just want to get going" I said grabbing my stuff and leaving

JJ followed behind me quickly and we got off the ship.  We went out and got tons of pictures. We both agreed not to post pictures with each other on social media as it would cause so much drama.

We got so many cute pictures and we were back on the boat and JJ came over to me and said, "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Don't wait up"

I saw him walk over to some blonde girl. He kissed her and they were walking back to the rooms. I left the party and went to our room and took a shower.

I laid in bed and looked at all the pictures and I couldn't stop thinking about last night. Hell, even this morning. He was such a different guy when we were alone. He was gentle, kind, sweet, and soft.

Today, he went back to being his mr. tough, strong, and asshole self. I liked that soft side of JJ. Now, he was hooking up with another random girl.

He deserves real love, not these one night stands with girls who don't care about him. I was so bored in this room all by myself.

The next morning, I woke up and got ready to get off the boat and packed my bag. JJ returned and he grabbed his stuff and JJ asked, "Why are you still pissed at me?"

"I'm not pissed at you" I replied

"You've been acting weird ever since you woke up in bed with me"

"No, that was fine" I said

"Ah, the bathroom. You weren't ready to see that much of me" He said

"Kinda"

"Sorry, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Girls see me naked all the time"

"Whatever, it's fine" I said not wanting to talk about it anymore

"No, we're going to fucking talk about it"

"Okay, fine it's drives me crazy how you act like an ass in front of everyone and you're constantly with these slutty girls who don't give a shit about you! You're only nice when we're alone" I screamed

JJ and I got into a stupid argument and we walked off the ship and to the shuttle to the airport. Our argument continued and JJ stormed off to go get a plane ticket. So I guess this was it then. We were done traveling together. I had no idea where to go now.

I guess I would text Ashley or just head someone else random.