chapter 20

Kie's POV:

It has been two months here in the Outer Banks. My mom has been back to normal now and it's like the accident never happened. Today was the day that JJ and I were getting on a plane and continuing our travel.

We were going to South America to a few countries. My mom and dropped us off at the airport. I was honestly kind of sad to leave but I was also so excited for my next adventure with JJ.

We landed and found a cheap place to stay. It was a hostel with a bunch of other college kids. JJ and I didn't want to stay there but it was cheap. JJ held me close all night and he whispered, "I never want to stay here again"

"Me either, but it's not like we can afford much" I whispered back

He kissed me goodnight and we spent the next day exploring. We spent one more night in the hostel and then JJ told me he had a surprise for me. We packed our bags and headed to some mystery location. When we got there, there were a bunch of ships.

"We're going on a cruise?" I asked confused

"We're going to Antarctica" He said with the biggest smile

"WHAT!" I screamed as I was so excited

We boarded the ship and went to our cabin and which had a huge window. I was so excited as this was going to be our seventh continent. We got all checked in, went through the safety seminar, and we were off. The land was getting smaller and smaller. JJ and I were on the deck together and he grabbed my hand and I said, "I can't believe we're really going this"

"I'm going to be honest with you, I figured go big or go home for our last trip. We could have done a few random countries but then I don't know if we'd ever make it to our seventh continent. After this, the traveling has to stop because I'm kinda running low of cash" JJ said

"This is the best way to end our adventure"

"Hey, our adventure is only beginning" JJ said kissing me

We spent two days at sea and the waves were rough. I got super seasick one night and ended up throwing up. Luckily, when we arrived, the view alone was worth it. We were spending a few days here. We went on so many little adventures and even did the polar plunge. Tonight was our last night before we headed back.

We were off the ship and standing on the land, there were seals and penguins around and the Northern Lights were glowing throughout the sky. I rested my head on JJ's shoulder and said, "This is beautiful"

"Not as beautiful as you" He said looking at me

"You know, when I first started traveling, I had this list. I vowed never to return home to OBX and I didn't want a girlfriend and I never wanted to get married or have kids. I only wanted to travel, party, and hook up with random girls. But then I met you and everything changed. I believe it was fate that brought us together in Spain because everything changed for me. I fell for you, hard and all I wanted was for you to be my girlfriend. I would do anything for you, including going back to the Outer Banks. There is no one else that I'd want to travel the world with and have these memories with. I love you, Kiara Anna Carrera and I want o continue our epic adventure forever. Will you marry me?" He asked down on one knee holding a gorgeous ring

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. I looked at JJ and said, "Yes"

I wanted to say more but I couldn't think of anything. I was completely speechless. JJ stood up and he hugged me. He pulled away from our hug and he slipped the ring on my finger.

"It's gorgeous, JJ this must have cost you a fortune" I said worried about the money he must have spent on the ring and all the traveling

"Don't worry about it" He said as he kissed me and I kissed him back

We had a mini makeout sesh and then everyone was cheering. I was still in shock and we took the most beautiful pictures with the Northern Lights in the background. We got back on the ship and we went to our room to celebrate out engagement and I couldn't stop smiling.

I woke up the next morning and I just smiled stuidly at my ring and at my future husband who was still asleep beside me. I softly kissed his lips and whispered, "Good morning"

He opened his eyes and said, "Good morning"

His voice was all raspy and he was still half asleep. He looked at me and asked, "Are you happy?"

"The happiest" I said kissing him good morning again

We spent the next two days at sea and then we were back in South America at the airport. JJ looked at me and asked, "So, where to now?"

"I thought you said you were out of money" I reminded him

"How about we go to the Outer Banks and got tell your parents and then we'll tell all the pouges and Sarah to meet at the Chateau so we can tell them"

"Okay" I smiled as he bought two plane tickets

We were now back home in the Outer Banks and I suddenly became very nervous to tell my parents. I knew it wasn't their decision but I also knew they didn't really like JJ and I was nervous how they would react. I was thankfully they seemed to like him more after my moms car accident.

We were standing outside in front of the front door and I looked at JJ and opened the door.

"Mom, dad" I called out crossing my arms to hide the ring

They both came running to the front door and asked, "How was the trip?"

"It was amazing, we're engaged" I said holding up my hand

My mom immediately hugged me and said, "I'm so happy for you guys"

My dad hugged me and then they both hugged JJ too. Apparently, JJ had gotten their permission before he proposed to me. My mom cooked dinner and we told them all about Antarctica.

"Have you started thinking the wedding?" My mom asked

"We talked about it on the plane and we want it to be small, very small but we want to do a destination wedding. We're still figuring out where we want it to be"

"That sounds perfect. Where are you guys thinking?" My mom questioned

JJ told her the ideas we had and we mainly talked about the wedding. We were exhausted and after dinner, we headed up to my room and showered and went to bed.

"J, thank you for getting their blessing. It means a lot to me, but you know I would have married you even if they didn't approve"

"Oh, I know you would have. Your mom and dad are actually pretty cool and I don't know, things really changed after your mom got into the accident"

"I'm just glad they are supportive because I love you so much, JJ Maybank"

"And I love you, my future Kiara Maybank" He said kissing me goodnight