4. Pilgrims

🕸🖤

"What are the Nevermore freaks doing out in the wild?" Rude much.

"This is our booth." Said one of the three boys that randomly decided to disturb us.

"I don't see your names on it.." Kate mumbled, still doodling in her notebook. She- looks and sounds so done with life. Can't blame her.

The boys look at her angry

"Why are you dressed like religious fanatics?" I ask, trying to get their attention, to leave her alone.

"We're pilgrims." They respond.

I roll my eyes. "Potato, potahto."

"We work at Pilgrim World." The first boy said, placing a flyer on the table. I look at it and shake my head.

"It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park for zealots responsible for mass genocide." I deadpanned.

"My dad owns Pilgrim World." The boy with the flyer says, fumming. "Who are you calling stupid?"

"If the buckled shoe fits."

"Hey guys, back off." Tyler tried to pull them away.

"Stay out of this, Galpin." They pushed him away.

"Yes, Stay out of this." I get up looking at Kate. She had her head on the table, looking exhausted as always.

One of the guys noticed i was staring at her and punched the table, startling her. She looked at them confused while they just laughed, making me clench my fists.

'You clearly have a death wish. I'm about to make your wish come true.'

🕸🖤

"Woah...where did you learn those Kung Fu moves?" Tyler asked, staring down at the unconscious boys.

"My uncle taught me. He spent 5 years in a Tibetan Monastery."

"Was he a monk?"

I shake my head. "Prisoner."

"That was awesome.." Kate stared at me in awe. A smal smirk was on my face when I noticed her expression, but tried I to hide it quickly. Unfortunately, she saw it.

Before she could say anything, the sheriff walked in, staring at the boys confused.

"Dad.." Tyler greeted him.

"Tyler, what the hell is going on here?"