Part 9: Midsummers

The next day I get a call from Kiara waking me up.

"Hi my love" I say while yawning.

"Hi lovey" she sighs.

"What's wrong Kie?" I ask.

"JJ's been arrested" she panics.

"What? For what?" I say and then it clicks. Topper's boat. Fuck.

"Sinking the boat. He took the fall for Pope" Kie tells me.

"His dad.. Shit Kie I gotta go" I tell her. JJ's dad is going to have to bail him out. And he's not going to be thrilled at all.

I rush to the police station hoping to intervene but JJ's dad is already there.

"Bailey. Guessing you're hear to see my dilinquent son" he states.

"He has a name" I scoff

"I couldn't care less" he tells me. I look towards the ground it taking everything in me not to fly off the handle and kill him. I feel eyes staring at me and I look up into them to be met with JJ's beautiful blue eyes.

"JJ" I say rushing to hug him.

"What are you doing here?" he says hugging me back.

"I just wanted to check on you" I tell him truthfully.

"Are you his guardian?" the officer asks.

"Sorry to say I'm his father" Luke states and I feel JJ tense.

"It's okay J" I say not letting go of the hug.

"Well, hearing will be in two weeks. If you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail. The restitution will be based on the average of three outside estimates of the cost of the damaged article." The officer continues on. God damn it.

"Restitution?" Luke questions like it's a joke. JJ sighs and hugs me tighter.

"We will figure something out" I promise the boy.

"Pay for what he broke. It's part of the plea. Yeah, and... sign right here, please." the officer orders Luke.

"Let's go. Go now!" Luke shouts at JJ.

"I'll see you later Bales" JJ reluctantly let's go of me and walks off with his dad.

"JJ no" I plead but he just gives me a weak smile before walking away with his dad.

"Fuck" I say once they leave. Before looking down at my phone to see a bunch of texts for Kie.

Kie <3

Lovie have you heard from JJ?

Is he okay?

Are you okay?

Please tell me you guys aren't doing anything gross.

You're coming to Midsummers with me

Meet me at my house whenever you are done whatever it is you are doing.

I quickly sent her an on my way text before heading over to her house. Once I get there her mom opens the door for me and quickly pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so happy you are joining us" Kie's mom told me.

"Thanks I appreciate you letting me join" I replied before heading to Kiara's room.

"Hi lovey" she said when she seen me.

"hey" I replied half heartedly thinking about what JJ must be going through right now.