two.

"Yo! Banksie!" Was the first thing Banksie heard that morning. "Banksie, get up." A voice spoke, more firm, she scrunched her face up, rolling over to the other side. "Get up!" The voice spoke again, and Banksie lifted her hand up, flipping whoever was there.

"Your precious fort has been destroyed,"

The girls eyes snapped open, and she sat up straight, seeing as John B stood there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"The storm has destroyed everything."

Banksie quickly swung her legs over the bed, finding whatever pair of shoes she took off last night and quickly put them on, no bothering to tie her laces up. She quickly walked out of the room that John B was kind enough to lend to her for the night, walking past JJ, who seemed to be passed out.

She stepped outside and stopped in her tracks as all her blankets had been torn up.

"What the shit." She said as she walked over to where her fort once was. John B followed her as he looked around.

"Agatha did some work, huh?"JJ spoke as he finally got the will to stand up.

"Yeah, she did," He spoke as he pulled a brach out of the boat they used almost every minute of everyday. Banksie looked back towards him and stood up, walking over to him and asking, "Do you want help?"

"Yeah, at least someone's willing to help," He spoke in a tone as he looked back at JJ. Banksie nodded and jumped in, grabbing all the branches that had gone in. JJ burped a response, and Banksie's face twisted up. "Pig," She spoke, looking towards him, and he smirked, giving her a wink.

JJ walked over to John B and Banksie, where they were chucking bits of leaves and twigs out of the boat.

"What'cha thinkin'?" He asked, watching the two carefully.

"I'm thinkin' that the storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drums are gonna chase the crab," He said.

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ asked.

"They won't get on that ferry," Banksie said, shaking her head.

"Exactly, especially after a hurricane," John B spoke. "Come on, think about it. It's God telling us to fish." He said, looking between Banksie and JJ.

"I wouldn't say it's God–" JJ said before getting cut off.

"You guys have fun," Banksie interrupted.

"You ain't coming?" John B asked, looking towards JJ.

"I'd love to," she said, walking back up the house, "but if I don't get home, my mum will have a turn," she rolled her eyes.

————

When Banksie got home, she could see a bunch of construction workers picking up any fallen trees or pieces of trash that blew into the yard overnight.

"Oh! Darlin', you're home!"

Elizabeth Pérez, or as she likes to remind everyone, formally Elizabeth Kilvington.

"Storm did some damage," she said, squinting at the workers and putting a hand to her forehead to cover her eyes so she could see better from the sun.

"Indeed it did," Elizabeth nodded, some sort of alcoholic drink in a glass sitting comfortably in her hand. "With John B last night?" She asks, taking a sip.

"Yeah," she nodded, "JJ asked when he could come visit," she smiled.

"Oh, you do know how much I love that boy!" Mrs. Pérez smiled, "Tell him whenever he wants!" Said she, who now had a hand to her heart.