seven

The sweating bodies, the music, the cheering, and the sound of people trying to get down each other's throats were really starting to get on Banksie's nerves.

She promised Sarah she'd stay until she wanted to leave. Worst promise she had ever made in her life.

There was not enough alcohol at this party that would help the pain of being in a public place.

She was about to finish her 12th cup of whatever concoction was being served. She wasn't even worried about being legal... well, she was 17, that's more than legal... right?

She talked to Kelce, and he was happy to stick by her side.

That was until his man senses went off, and a perky little blonde walked through the door and smiled at him.

And she hasn't seen Topper and Sarah since they jumped off the roof.

And it didn't help that Rafe was here selling his white doughnut dust.

She was just about ready to lose her mind.

"Well, well, well,"

Banksie knew that voice too well. Way too well.

"Little ol' Banksie Pérez," the voice said.

Banksie sighed before turning her head.

"Nate," she grinned sarcastically.

Nathaniel Conner. The guy with two first names. Total douchebag and ex-boyfriend.

"Banksie," he grinned, his eyes twinkling. "Didn't expect to see you here," he said, leaning against the wall, his hand going into his pocket.

"The things you do for loyalty, I guess," she said, narrowing her eyes as she took a sip of her drink.

"Oh, don't be like that," he said, getting closer to her face. "It was only one time," he shrugged, now going back to his original stance. "And I gave you a second chance," he said.

"I feel like it should've been me giving you the second chance," she said, raising her eyebrow up.

"Hey," he said. "I'm just trying to get us all friendly before the party," he grinned.

"Party? What Party?" She asked.

"The one that your mom is throwing," he grinned. "You didn't know?" He asked.

"No, I didn't." She huffed.

"Fun," he said with a smirk. "Well, I'd be happy to be your date," he said, tilting his head.

"My date?" She said, confusion written on her face. "To what? My own house?" She scoffed.

"Well, what I mean–"

"You didn't mean anything,"

Banksie turned her head, and towering behind her was no other than Rafe Cameron.

"Rafe."

"Nathaniel,"

Rafe turned his head from Nate and looked down to Banksie. "Loey," he smiled.

Nate looked at Rafe and Banksie. Confusion laced on his face. Banksie didn't allow anyone to call her Loey.

"What do you want, Cameron?" She asked, now swinging her body all the way around to look at him.

"Am I not allowed to check on my friends?" He asked.

"Oh, we're not friends, Rafe." She stated, taking a sip of her drink.

"You wound me, Pérez," he said, pouting. "Come on, I'm taking you home," he said, nodding his head to the way out.

"Uh, no. I'm taking myself home," She said, putting down her drink, complaining, and forgetting Nate was behind her.