| 011 : burning flames |

011| BURNING FLAMES |

011
| BURNING FLAMES |

The OBX Summer Movie Series was the evening plan for Jade, Kiara, Pope, and JJ. An outing with friends to watch a movie seemed like a risk-free idea, right? However, Jade's intuition hinted that something was about to happen.

"Oh come on guys, it's gonna be fun!" Kiara tried to convince her friends who didn't feel like coming. "I'll go get us something to drink. Jade, are you coming?"

The Kook nodded in agreement, and the two girls let the boys settle in as they made their way to the refreshment stand. As Kiara ordered Pepsis for the group, a familiar voice was heard behind them.

"Hey, Jade," Rafe exclaimed as he joined them, "What's up? How are you?"

Before Jade could utter a word, Kiara swiftly positioned herself between them, shielding her friend. "She's fine, and not interested," she retorted icily, her gaze fixed on the young man, silently pleading for him to retreat and leave them undisturbed.

Rafe clenched his jaw, annoyed by the brunette's attitude. "You know, Kie, I don't think I was talking to you," he growled between his teeth, leaning slightly towards her to add a touch of menace to his tone.

His ex-girlfriend let out a loud sigh and gently nudged Kiara aside to stand in front of the Kook. "What do you want, Rafe?" Jade demanded sharply, clearly indicating her lack of interest.

The young man edged closer to her, the proximity sending shivers down the girl's spine, while a spark of attraction flickered between them. He then leaned in close to her ear to say something. "Tell your boy that we know what he did," he whispered almost audibly enough for Kiara to hear.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" interrupted Kiara.

"Uh, he'll know," affirmed Rafe before turning his gaze back to his ex-girlfriend. "Hey Jade, I'll be over there, you know, if you want to watch the movie with me instead of those Pogues."

He pointed to a spot a little further away, near the public restrooms, and Jade followed his gesture while contemplating her options. She would have loved to spend the evening with Rafe, but her anger towards him prevented it. Instead, she decided to use his presence to provoke his jealousy.

"Like Kie said, I'm not interested," she replied before grabbing the Pepsis and returning to her seat next to her friends.

The girls handed out their sodas to the boys, and then suddenly, a perfect revenge idea crossed the Kook's mind.

With a swift motion, Jade leapt onto JJ's lap, ensnaring him in her grasp. The blond's posture stiffened, taken aback by this unexpected and intimate act from his friend.