| 012: unexpected shower |

012| UNEXPECTED SHOWER |

012
| UNEXPECTED SHOWER |

"We need to be quiet, my parents are sleeping!" whispered Jade as she let her friends into her house without her parents' permission.

With Pope and JJ injured, the Kook had offered to take them to her place to disinfect their wounds. Jade knew she would be in trouble if she got caught letting Pogues into her home, yet her loyalty to her friends outweighed the risks.

She hurriedly led them upstairs, guiding them to her bedroom, making sure to detour through one of the bathrooms to retrieve a first aid kit. Once the four companions were gathered in the room, Jade closed the door behind them before locking it.

"If my parents find out you're here, I'm dead!" she announced as she watched them scan her room.

"I never thought I'd set foot in a Kook's room!" JJ quipped, his fingers dancing over as many expensive items as possible. "Ugh, a bed, finally! I'm exhausted!" he sighed dramatically, collapsing onto the Kook's bed, inadvertently leaving crimson traces upon the pillow.

Jade hurried to grab JJ's arm and pull him towards her, urging him to get up. "Get off my bed, dude, you're getting blood everywhere!" she exclaimed, panicked. He immediately obeyed, springing to his feet.

Kiara opened the first aid kit and began to tend to Pope's wounds, prompting the Kook to realize that she would then have to take care of JJ.

She took a piece of cloth and soaked it in alcohol before approaching the blond, but he took a step back, raising his hands in the air. "Is this shit gonna hurt?" he asked, not wanting to worsen his already present pain.

Jade let out a loud sigh, rolling her eyes. "Yes, JJ, this is going to hurt, it's alcohol!" she replied, moving closer again. "Don't make a sound or I'll kill you."

The blond nodded in acquiescence, allowing her to draw near. With tender care, she placed the cloth upon one of the wounds adorning his cheek, eliciting a sharp cry of pain from JJ. "Ouch, fuck!" he exclaimed, swatting away the Kook's hand in frustration.

"Shut up, oh my god!" whispered Jade, giving him a gentle tap on the arm. "You need to be quiet!"

"I can't be quiet, that shit hurts!" JJ complained. He settled on the edge of the bed, his eyes fixed on her as she slowly approached him.

"Just think about something else, it won't hurt anymore!" she advised as she prepared to disinfect his wounds again.

"Like what?" he asked, furrowing his brow as she slipped a finger under his chin, tilting his head slightly towards her.