| 013: secret revealed |

013| SECRET REVEALED |

013
| SECRET REVEALED |

After an eventful evening the night before, the Pogues had left the Griffin residence to continue the night at the Heywards'.

However, Jade hadn't closed her eyes all night. Memories of JJ's body refused to leave her mind, and butterflies fluttered in her stomach. She couldn't even think about her ex-boyfriend anymore; her thoughts always returned to JJ Maybank.

Throughout the day, as she assisted her friends alongside Pope's parents at their seafood shop, the Kook carefully avoided speaking to her fake boyfriend. She knew that if she met his gaze, her attraction would become irresistible and take control of her body. She wouldn't be able to resist.

"Oh Jade, JJ needs help with a customer, can you go help him?" Mr. Heyward asked, pointing to the boy with his finger.

Jade glanced at the blond and raised an eyebrow upon seeing him serving an elderly lady. "Are you sure? He seems to be doing just fine," she replied, perplexed, noticing that he didn't seem to need any help.

With a nod of approval from Mr. Heyward and an urgent gesture, Jade hastened forward.
As she neared JJ, she felt a surge of butterflies in her stomach and her heart thundered in rhythm with her steps, reverberating through her entire being.

"Uh, JJ, do you need help?" she asked, her eyes skirting away, knowing all too well that meeting his gaze would only fuel her burgeoning attraction towards him.

"No, why?" He shot her a puzzled look. "You know, if you're looking for excuses to hang out with me, you just have to ask," he added, followed by a playful wink.

A rush of warmth flooded Jade's cheeks as a rosy hue painted them. "No, it's not that... it's Pope's dad, he said..." She paused, her thoughts racing, then it clicked. "Nevermind, he lied, he only wanted me to come over and talk to you..."

Determined to avoid his gaze, Jade averted her eyes and lowered her head to fixate on the floor, while JJ's gaze remained persistent, desperately seeking to meet hers. She abruptly turned to evade him, but their attention was immediately drawn by a customer.

"You two make a lovely couple, just like my husband and I back in our younger days!" Beamed an elderly woman, her eyes alight with nostalgia.

"Oh, we're not together..." replied the Kook, followed by a shy laugh.

"I know love when I see it, young lady!" she exclaimed before casting a glance at the blond. "When I saw the way this boy looks at you, I knew right away..."