| • FS - 1.1 • |

She was happy today. No, wait-- she was ecstatic.

Today was their first anniversary and the girl had planned loads of surprises for him.

Prerna smiled to herself as she sat on the shotgun, waiting for him, imagining his reaction. 

Who would have known they would be in a relationship? They were classmates, ever since he joined her school, in fifth grade. And she? Well, she was awestruck.

He was a cool guy, not a player though. With all the years she spent with him, she knew he respected everyone, even women.

Maybe she wasn't in love that time. Maybe it was just mere attraction. But now, she was in too deep. 

The girl knew, even he was in love with her. At not just by his words, but by his actions too.

Prerna loved the way he would smile towards her when she did something special for him, or the way his eyes would shine up when he saw her in a desi attire. Let's not even forget the things he did for her.

Mrs. Sharma was moved out of her trance by the pinge of her husband's phone, indicating a notification. Her brows furrowed as she leaned forward to read the message.

Something in her heart clenched. Those text messages-

Her eyes glistened. She quickly kept back the phone at it's initial position. She couldn't believe it! He- Vihaan couldn't do such things!

He loved her. Then, how could he cheat?

Prerna looked into his phone and scrolled through the chats again. She knew she was invading his privacy but who cared?! Her relationship was nothing but a lie!

The girl straightened up and fixed up herself, before putting up a smile on her face to greet him.

"Hey"

"Hi" she reciprocated his hug. They straightened up upon hearing the chime of his phone. Prerna visibly saddened when he smiled, as he skimmed over the text.

"Hey, I got a meeting tonight. Will probably come back in the morning" he started the car. "I am so sorry. I know you were excited but what can I do? Work is work" He glanced back at her while she nodded.

Vihaan intervined their hands, as he drive to her home. Prerna swallowed. Something was hurting in her throat. 

She couldn't breathe but she couldn't tell him. Two years into their marriage and she comes to know that half of it was a lie.

Here she was, planning to surprise him but got a shock instead. Prerna laughed at herself.

Maybe it was her fault that she believed her life would work out perfectly.

Vihaan stole glances of her and caressed her hand, again. "I am sorry" His wife found it difficult to breathe. 'Are you?' she glared.

Managing another smile on her face, she looked at him and blinked her eyes, signaling she forgave him. But, did she?

No, she did not. 

But, maybe it was her fault. Maybe Prerna couldn't give him the love he deserved. 

The girl sighed. There was a certain blankness in her, an empty feeling.

She wanted to burst out, crying. But today, she couldn't. She couldn't make him feel guilty even though he was. She couldn't let him know she found out. He was such a nice person. 

He cared for everyone. They were so happy together. Her vision clouded. What went wrong?

Vihaan pulled on the brake at the entrance of their abode. She looked over. The board 'Mr. and Mrs. Sharma' just sprinkling salt on her wounds.

"Happy anniversary Renu" The addressed girl wore a smile. "To you too V" she wished him back

His lips pulled into a smile, after kissing the back of her hand and drove off the lane, while she stood at the entrance waving him off. Prerna's hand paused midway as her cold eyes stared at the reflection of his car, tears slowly making their way into her eyes.

--------------------------------------------------

Kuch Aisa tumhaare pyaar ka dikhava tha,
Ki hum usse sach Maan bethe.
Bass Garoor tha hume tumhaare uss daave ka,
Ki uss galti ka ehsaas bhi tum karva bethe.

-S