| • FS - 1.2 • |

The sounds of laughter echoed through the halls of her house.

"Renu?" She hummed. Met with silence, she turned, just to find him on his knee.

"Marry me?" Vihaan held that ring, his mother's ring in his hand as the man forwarded it to Prerna, asking her.

 His eyes held such genuine emotions that even a person who was not in love with him, could say 'yes' right away. Then, how could she refuse? It was a dream come true moment for her! The ghost of a smile played on her lips as she nodded yes with tears glistening her eyes.

-------:-------:--------:--------

Prerna felt blank.

She sighed as she unlocked the gate to their abode. Her eyes wandered to the ceiling, the empty main hall, the artefacts, the pictures.

She grazed her hand over the table. A picture of them, smilingly having their food, ran in her mind.

Mrs. Sharma went in her bedroom. Her eyes traced every corner of the room. 

Their bed, where they used to cuddle all nights, where he would comfort her or vice versa and they would snuggle under the comforters, spending nights in each other's embrace. It was her home. He was her home.

She would tell him everything. Prerna knew, she wouldn't be judged. He was her family, the only one she could entrust. She knew, every secret she told would be confined to their hearts, their soul.

Mrs. Shar-- No. The thought pained her. 

How will she live without him? In all these years, she was so attached to him. Spending days and nights together in each other's presence was more than enough for her.

Who would want all those expensive luxuries, money, jewels and those dresses, when all you can do is lay in your lover's arms and hear him tell how you mean the world to them?

But it never occured to her. Those thoughts of him leaving were never there. 

She had witnessed his first relationship. She knew every part of it. Prerna recalled. She was the common friend. Back in those days, when she developed feelings, she came to know how he liked her friend and how the latter was refusing for a relation. The twenty five year old chuckled, how badly she wanted to hit her friend for rejecting him.

And when they broke up, she remembered how saddened he was. Yet again, he wouldn't really show that side of his. But somehow, she knew. She always knew. 

Prerna looked back into the timeline. They became closer after those tenth grade exams, when they shared their pain of being forced into other streams, just because of their family. There he was, wishing to be a CEO and there she was, dreaming herself in that doctor attire. 

But again, not every dream comes true. 

Still, with each other's presence and support as friends, they did manage to clear out JEE Advance with flying colours, with her landing in IIT Delhi and he, grabbing a seat in IIT Mumbai. What more could they wish? They both were into respectful jobs and earned enough to live a cozy yet simple life.

The windchimes chimed. Drawing the curtains aside, Prerna opened the floor length window of the room. The soft cold air gushed past her skin. Alas! How she loved the cold wind! 'Even he did' a voice, inside her head reminded. 

She took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent of the sunflowers and roses. Looking towards the sky, Prerna slouched against the wall. Even the weather was happy today but... she was not.

Sounds of them, Prerna and Vihaan, merrily chatting in the balcony echoed in her memory,  as they lost themselves in the other's embrace. Those luv-dub sounds of their fast - beating heart.

A drop of tear fell from her eyes. 

'Here she was, shedding tears for him and there, he' Prerna gulped and shut her eyes tightly. 'Wonder what they are doing there'

--------------------------------------------

हर पल उसका साथ निभाते हम,
एक इशारे पर दुनिया छोड़ जाते हम |
समन्दर के बीच में फरेब किया उसने,
कहते तो किनारे पर ही डूब जाते हम |

~This shayari is taken from Google~