Chapter Eighteen

I woke up the next morning with a blanket I definitely did not have the night before thrown over me

I woke up the next morning with a blanket I definitely did not have the night before thrown over me. The light from the rising sun was turning the sky a pale blue, and I snuggled deeper into the blanket, noticing it was the one from the pull out bed.

I sat up and did a quick stretch with my arms over my head and pulled the blanket around my shoulders. I got out of the hammock and made my way inside. I tried to keep the door from squeaking to be as quiet as possible, trying not to wake a sleeping Pope on the couch on the porch.

I got into the living room to see JJ curled into a ball with no blanket. I smiled at the sight of his blond hair flopped over his face and his body curled tightly together.

I pulled the blanket from my shoulders before gently throwing it across the blond. He smiled slightly in his sleep before snuggling into the blanket, causing me to wish I had a camera at the ready.

I went to my room, and, in order not to wake Kie who still slept in my bed, quietly changed into a swim suit, some shorts, and a scoop neck tank top before making my way into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I pulled my hair into a messy bun before leaving the bathroom, bumping into someone on my way out.

I gasped, not expecting anyone to be awake yet.

"Jesus, JJ. You scared me." I whispered, causing him to smirk.

He had one arm leaning on the doorframe and the other at his side.

"Uh, you gonna let me out, or just keep me in the bathroom all day?" I joked, growing slightly uncomfortable at how quiet he was being.

When JJ was quiet, nothing good was about to happen.

He looked me up and down, causing my cheeks to heat up slightly. It's not the first time he's done it, but it's the first time he's done it so obviously and just us.

He suddenly leaned down and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Thanks for the blanket, sweetheart."

My heart stopped for a moment in my chest as he whispered in my ear, and it began to pound as he kept his face close to mine, his eyes meeting mine only to jump down lower before meeting them again.

I bit the inside of my lip as my eyes did the same, sweeping down to his lips for a moment before meeting his blue ones.

No Pogue on Pogue macking. No Pogue on Pogue macking. No Pogue on Pogue macking. No Pogue on Pogue macking. No Pogue on Pogue macking.

I chanted the rule in my head over and over as our stare off seemed to stretch on for minutes.

He suddenly straightened up and turned around, stopping to bang on the door to my room.

"Wake up, Kie. We got shit to do!"

I stayed frozen in the doorway to the bathroom, trying to process what the hell just happened.