Chapter Nineteen

After coming up with a plan on how to get the dive drone, I drove us to the salvage yard

After coming up with a plan on how to get the dive drone, I drove us to the salvage yard. I dropped Kie off at her car where her families boat and trailer were hooked to it.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone, we're borrowing it." John B said from the seat next to me.

"'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.'"

"Nerd," I fake coughed.

"Wait, did you come up with that?" John B asked, causing me to shake my head.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing."

I rolled my eyes and look in the mirror to see JJ rolling a joint. He looked up and smirked at me before continuing. I pursed my lips and looked back towards the road.

"So, which is it? Fantasy, or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?"

I chuckled at JJ's question.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality," Kiara answered.

"Reality," John B answered.

"Virtual reality," JJ mumbled, and I looked at him through the mirror to see him flick open his lighter to start smoking, but Pope reached over and took the joint from him his mouth.

"Keep the signal clear," he said, flicking it somewhere to the back of the van.

I laughed as JJ closed his lighter and pouted.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked as I stopped the car.

"You?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You two are absolute children."

"No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

"I'm not too tense," Pope denied as Kiara got out of the van.

I turned around in my seat to glare at the two boys.

"Can you two shut up for two seconds, so we can get this done?"

They both looked at me with wide eyes. I rolled mine.

"Please?"

JJ smirked.

"Much better, sweetheart."

I groaned and turned back towards the front, trying to keep the blush off my face.

Also, where did the 'sweetheart's keep coming from?

"Let's hope this works," John B mutters, and I nod in agreement.

Twenty minutes later, I was parking the van just down the road from the salvage yard and watching Kie drive up to the gate. JJ, Pope, John B and I ducked down behind a thing made to be able to work on boats out of water and watched Kie talk to the security dude.