CHAPTER 6

OUTER BANKS
episode 1: PILOT
part 6

the pogues were sitting outside of the chateau waiting for john b to come out, kie was sat on the couch playing the bongos  with pope next to her on a small seat, then ren and jj were sat on this table. jj was throwing rocks into nowhere, with his other hand on ren's thigh. she was just dragging her hand up and down his back.

they heard the door close and turned around to face john b,

"look, i'm calling it off. alright?" he said. "peterkin said you if i stay out of the marsh she'll help me with DCS," he added.

"and you believed her?" jj asked removing his hand from ren's thigh getting up.

"yes, i believe her, jj." john b said matter-of-factly.

"an actual cop john b? come on man, rookie mistake!" ren sighed.

"look! all i gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out!" he yelled.

"it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun," he threw down the brush he was holding.

"you know what i should've done man? just let topper drown your ass." jj stated.

ren gasped at the boy, "you don't mean that jj! don't say that," she walked over and sat by kie.

"yeah, because topper was gonna drown me," john b sarcastically said

"sure as hell looked like it," jj said,
"i mean have you looked in the mirror lately?" jj walked over to them.

"come on, tell me some more. come on," john b taunted jj.

"they always win don't they man?" jj asked referring to the kooks,
"kooks versus pogues, they always, always win!" he hit the thing above him,

"it's okay!" kie yelled at him,

"no kie! it is not! they don't want us to go down into the marsh. that means there's something valuable down there, and you know it." he pointed at john b.

"jj's right guys, there's gotta be something down there," ren agreed

"and i understand why you don't want to go. your the golden boy, you got way too much to risk, and you," he turned to kie, "your already rich as fuck anyway," he said to her which made her look a little taken aback.

"but you! me and ren man! we got nothing to loose, nothing!" he said to john b,

"and we know it never used to be that way for you," ren stated, "but it has always been that way for us, so now you have to deal with it too," she grabbed jj's hand who smiled at her.

"i don't want to talk about it!" john b tried to walk past them but jj wouldn't let him past so in return john b pushed him.

"so that's it?! your just gonna give up!" ren yelled after him.

"john b! listen to me, i have a plan." he said "you got the key to cameron's big boat right?" jj asked already knowing the answer

"no," john b lied

"there's scuba gear inside man, we borrow that and then we go to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you man!" jj stated, "you don't see rich kids going into foster care do you?" jj said.