one. agatha, bitch

.・。. 𖦹°‧ ★⋆꙳

・ 。゚☆ "i'm just glad you got here before hurricane agatha." pope said, slinging a damp, deteriorating plank of wood behind him.

"you and me both. feels good to be back." imogen sighed in content. "although, post-surge clean up isn't the most exhilarating welcome home party." she bent down to lift up the rubber hose, until they heard a chorus of snickers, and the cousins raised their heads to see john b and jj, coming towards them in the hms pogue.

"we have a safety meeting. attendance mandatory!" john b chirped, imitating a radio.

"we can't. my pop's has got us on lockdown." pope shook his head.

"come on, man." jj urged. "seriously, im, you're back on the fucking island, don't you wanna hang out with your good ol' childhood friends?"

"who? you assholes?" imogen scoffed. "uncle heyward asked me to help, and he's letting me stay in his house, i can't just up and leave—"

"pope's dad is a pussy. over." jj mimicked walkie-talkie static.

"oh, i heard that, you little bastard." heyward furrowed his eyebrows, coming up to the dock.

"we need your son and your niece." said john b.

"yeah," jj nodded. "and island rules: the day after a hurricane is a free day!"

"who the hell made that up?"

"uh... pentagon, i think." the blonde boy shrugged. "we have security clearance."

"y'all think i'm stupid, huh?"

"we'll do it tomorrow, dad. i promise. tomorrow." pope pleaded.

"you think— no, no. hell no! you doin' it right now." heyward shook his head. "yo' mama is furious with you, imogen. had us on the phone all night 'till the electricity wiped out."

"even the better reason to piss her off more." the girl smiled mischievously, jumping into the boat, while jj and john b encouraged them.

pope quickly hopped in too, causing heyward to yell at them as they sped away across the water. "bring yo' asses back up here!"

"i promise, i'll do it tomorrow, dad!"

"whoo!" jj cheered, standing at the bow.

"when y'all get back, y'all gon' clean shrimp, you gon' clean fish— and pope you gonna clean that dirty-ass room!"

"we'll bring them back in one piece!" john b interrupted. "i promise!"

"and i don't like your friends!"

they carried on along the marsh, john b slowing down the boat a bit as they got to the dock behind the wreck.

"oh, top o' the mornin' to ya." jj greeted kiara, as she walked down the dock, cooler in hand.

"that's the shittiest accent i've ever heard." imogen laughed. "hey, kie."

"immy!"

"what are we, invisible?" john b scoffed teasingly.