three. sink or swim

.・。. 𖦹°‧ ★⋆꙳

・ 。゚☆ "you could've warned us sooner." jj said, as the bot swam across the water, cool wind rippling through the hair of the pogues.

"we would've, but pope was on the math team." kie said.

"wait, you were on the math team?" imogen asked distractedly. "when?"

"the cops took everything like it was a crime scene." pope said, ignoring his cousin. "did you guys find anything?"

"did we find anything?" imogen repeated, amused.

"no, i don't think so..." jj murmured sarcastically, pulling out the gun from his pocket.

"what the hell!" pope exclaimed.

"sorry, jb, but..." imogen pulled out one of the wads of money from her pocket. "couldn't help myself."

"why would you take shit from a crime scene?"

"are you serious?" kie rolled her eyes.

"it's better than the cops having it, bro." jj reasoned.

"agreed." imogen shrugged, sliding the wad through her hand and counting it up. "shoupe's a bastard. he can't be trusted."

"i'm gonna lose my merit scholarship!" pope worried.

"hey, bro!" the blonde tried to calm him down. "sh, shh, shh! at least you have us, right?" he hushed him.

"that's reassuring." imogen mocked.

"hey!" kie snapped. "you're not innocent in this, im. you stole the fucking money."

"so did the cops." she shrugged. "i'm doing them a favour! less paperwork!"

"you're fucking impossible."

𓇽

the pogues stood on the docks, watching as lana grubbs cried over the corpse that was being towed away on a stretcher.

"who's that?" john b asked.

"it's scooter grubbs. he was out during the storm." a girl said, offering him her phone. "check out this pic i got. dead body!"

"holy shit."

"that's vile." imogen scrunched her nose up at the girl. "why'd you take a fucking picture?"

"hey, um, what boat did he have?" jj asked curiously, eyebrows connected in a frown.

"somehow that dirt bag copped a brand-new grady-white." she shrugged. "everyone's out looking for it."

the pogues all looked to eachother in realisation, ears pricking up.

"okay, so- we didn't see anything, we don't know anything! we need to have complete and total amnesia." pope panicked, flopping down onto the couch on john b's porch.

"actually, pope's right for once." jj nodded. "see? i agree with you sometimes. deny, deny, deny."

"pope's right all the time." imogen corrected.

"so why do you never agree with me, then?" he asked his cousin incredulously.

"cause your ideas usually stem with doing something sensible. and that's against my moral compass."

"guys, we can't keep that money." kie shook her head.

"not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, kiara." jj rolled his eyes.