five. pogues and gunmen don't mix

.・。. 𖦹°‧ ★⋆꙳

・ 。゚☆ sirens began to blare, and pope and imogen whipped their heads around to see a police boat coming straight towards them, two offices peering over their sunshades. "shit! jj!" they whispered sharply, nodding over at the white boat.

"you've got to be kidding me..."

"just act frickin' normal." kie whispered, tossing her wet hair behind her.

"evening, officers..." imogen mumbled.

"evening." deputy shoupe nodded. "back in town, imogen?"

"no, i'm not actually here. this is just a hologram."

shoupe ignored her remark. "how you kids doing? you know the marsh is closed?"

"oh— uh, no." they shook their heads. "no, we didn't know that. why's it closed?"

"well, we're conducting a search out here. boat went down." the officer explained. "seen anything?"

"nope." imogen shook her head. "no boats."

    pope turned his head to peep subtly at the side of the boat, wondering when john b would come up.

"where's your friend you always hang with..? he here?" deputy shoupe asked suspiciously.

"he's working." kie answered.

"yeah, you know what summer jobs are like..." imogen added in.

"hm." he nodded, hopping onto their boat. "well, imma check your little boat out."

"yeah, hop aboard." pope nodded. "go ahead and uh— check her out."

    he picked up one of the life vests, inspecting it. "you got another one of these?"

"um, yes. in the hold." kie nodded, stepping aside. "jj, show him."

the blonde boy opened the latch, pulling out the other life jacket, and showing it to him - however, the man ignored it, stepping up onto the bow of the boat, peering into the water. "hm, alright. beautiful day, isn't it?"

"sure is." jj nodded, as the officer moved back onto his own boat.

"if you see anything on your way out, make sure to let us know."

     "will do, will do." pope nodded, as the officers sped off on their boat, allowing the four pogues to peer over the edge of the hms, waiting for john b.

he then finally reached the surface, popping up out of the water and gasping.

"oh god, jesus christ!" pope exclaimed.

"don't scare me like that!" imogen smiled in relief, sighing and running her fingers through her hair.

"did you find anything?" jj asked as the boy took off his mask and clambered onto the boat.

"did i find anything?" john b chuckled sarcastically.

"there we go!" imogen grinned, grabbing hold of his hand and pulling him up.