two. kleptomaniacs

.・。. 𖦹°‧ ★⋆꙳

  ・ 。゚☆ after an unsuccessful attempt at reporting the boat to the coast guards - who were being bombarded with problems and questions due to the hurricane, the pogues decided on checking out the motel instead - much to jj and imogen's pleasure.

jj whistled as the hms neared closer to the bank where the motel sat. "and i thought the chateau was bad—"

"this place is a shit-show."

"motel or meth lab?" kie murmured.

"you be the judge."

"doesn't look like a place where somebody with a grady-white stays." john b shook his head.

"nope. looks like a place where someone with a grady-white would get killed." pope added.

"chill, guys. it's not the cecil hotel. we'll be in and out, right?"

"this is your captain speaking. hms pogue comin' in for landing." jj echoed, tying up the boat.

"alright. here goes nothing." john b said, jumping off the boat with jj and imogen.

"hey?" pope called the john b, stopping them from walking off just yet.

"yeah?"

"dont't let him do anything stupid." he pointed at jj, and then to imogen. "especially with imogen back. we all know what happened last time—"

"relax, pope." imogen laughed. "that's all in the past, now."

john b shrugged, looking back at his friends' mischievous grins. "i'm not making promises."

"yeah, i know." pope mumbled, sighing. "it was worth a shot."

"uh, be careful." kie said, smiling weakly at the brunette boy. she passed him the motel key and her fingers lingered on his hand for a moment. "i mean it."

"yeah." the routledge boy chuckled and imogen and jj smirked knowingly, raising their eyebrows. "let's go." he said, slapping jj's back. "why are all these mattresses out?"

"after a hurricane they have to ditch 'em 'cause they get all mouldy." jj explained, kicking the soggy mattresses away from his feet.

once they climbed up the stairs to the second floor of the hotel, the blonde grabbed john b's shoulders and shook him. "just be so careful, john b!" he groaned, mocking kie and grabbing his face.

john b shrugged him off, pushing him back. "god, you're so weird."

"yeah," imogen grinned, slipping her hands along the railing. "what was that all about?"

"un.. i don't know- maybe she wants us to be careful...?" he shrugged, shaking his head.

"right." the black-haired girl nodded sarcastically. "because she would miss you so much if something happened to you, jb."

"since she's heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been like, 'oh be so careful, john b' and 'oh, give me that john d already'." jj chuckled, grabbing his shoulders again. "when are you gonna swoop on that?"