Chapter 4

"James!" A voice was heard from his sister's room. He stood up from the couch rolling his eyes in disapproval. He was too bored to climb the stairs of the house, well castle, as his sister would say and get to her room but he eventually took a deep breath, left his phone on the couch and started moving towards her bedroom.

He knocked the door before entering knowing that if he didn't she would start yelling at him that he's has no right entering without her approval and stuff like that.

His sister was looking herself at the mirror admiring her reflection. No one could blame her. She was pretty despite her imperfections. She wasn't tall or thin or had the body every girl wished for but she loved herself the way she was. She pulled her hair up considering whether she should make a ponytail or a bun or leaving them down natural.

"Did you call me? Your highness?" James said playfully and bowed at her.

She didn't even bother turn her back to see him but instead she looked at him from her mirror. "You're losing your humor James. Do something about it." She replied rolling her eyes like she wasn't enjoying the whole scene. "And yes I called you. I was wondering something."

Her brother hopped on her twin sized bed, lied there and crossed his arms behind him resting his head on them. "What is it?"

"Well... It's not that important but... If something bad had happened to Sarah why would they still throwing parties? She was beloved from everyone and it's been only a year since her "so called" run away."

James let out a sigh "Just because her family is grieving that doesn't mean that that's what the whole island should do."

"I didn't actually see them grieving if you're asking me. They were pretending that nothing had happened until you mentioned her."

"Maybe they're just in denial. Maybe they want to forget about it. You would have done the same... Your judging them to hard."

"No James... I'm not! If I had lost you I wouldn't act like them. And certainly I wouldn't go to parties like Rafe does..." She wasn't blaming her cousin but she didn't understand his behaviour towards that matter. If something like that would have happened to her brother and she wouldn't be so calm about it. And Rafe was really open for Sarah's missing. She wondered if something had happened. If there was one person who seemed devastated when James mentioned Sarah that was Ward. But he acted like that was on the past the moment they changed the subject.

"Well, you know something? You're too obsessed with mysteries that you're trying to find one on every aspect of your life. Just stop! You are blaming your loved ones just because you're already bored here and you want to live an adventure or something fascinating. Well guess what? You're stuck here with me and those people. Nothing exciting is going to happen. So maybe you should try and leave your theories away."

She looked at her brother with watering eyes. James realized what he had just said and stood up moving closer to her trying to apologize but his sister pushed him back and got out of her bedroom.

~~

Loud music was heard from the beach. Young people were dancing in the colourful lights. A fire was built a little further and there was also a table filled with plastic cups and bottles of drinks with Alcohol. Below it there was a plastic pool, one of these the children play in, filled with ice for keeping soft drinks and beers cool.

"It feels like nothing has changed" Kiara turned around to see her two friends looking at her with a sad smile on their faces.

"Only feels like it..." JJ looked at Pope who nodded in allowance then he started speaking again. "I was thinking if we could do something to put an end to all this situation."

Kiara's eyes widened, she had clearly understood what JJ was taking about but before she managed to talk Pope spoke for her. "So you're saying that we, the pogues, the ones who no one pays attention to -except when they want to blame us for something of course- can do something for this whole thing?"

"Come on Pope don't be so dramatic. Yes it's difficult but... What if we try??"

"Well trying is not a bad idea JJ but... I'm not sure I want to remember this thing." Kiara took a deep breath and continued "I'm not going to another adventure, risking losing you two." He tried to speak but Kiara stopped him with a nod. "We are family, we lost someone and we're technically in mourning but we can't do anything about it. Sorry JJ..."

"I'm not forcing you about this, guys but... Kie you said it yourself! We're family, we're the pogues and John B is one of us and Sarah even though biologically is a kook in the soul she's a pogue and that makes her member of the family. We can't just wait here for something to happen! We have to do something!"

"Dude you're searching for adventure. Just drop it already. We've discussed it in the past too. We're not involving in another crazy mission. Last year was the something else. And yes at one point we were having fun. But look what happened and if you sit down and consider our situation now it's not really bad, is it?"

"I have to agree with Pope JJ... Just think about it yeah we're not having the best time of our lives but we're still together! We still have eachother. And we can't possibly forget the fact that we had no troubles with kooks since last year. Things could've been worse..."

JJ looked at the dark blue sky and laughed when he lowered his head he seemed really pissed and a little bit sad. "Yes, of course, things are not really bad, we're still together, things could've been worse." he repeated their words "Yes the things for you are not really bad, yes you two have eachother... Ever since you started dating eachother is like you forgot about me!"

Kiara widened her eyes "Are you kidding me JJ? You are the one who's always leaving!"

"Oh yeah? And? What did you do about it? Did any of you thought let's go find him?"

Pope was looking at his friends arguing. Yes JJ was right. It wasn't that they did not care about him or not loving him. But in the worst time they managed to find eachother and start a relationship. And that was really important for them. It helped them get through all this thing and they didn't realize that JJ couldn't handle all this shit alone. Yes they were there for him when he needed them but he didn't actually show it to them, and they didn't push it further. When they were together, talking about other things he was the JJ everyone knew, but when he was alone -something that happened pretty often- no one knew what he was doing or thought.

JJ let out a sigh and tried to calm himself down "I'm going to grab a beer... Does any of you want something?" He wanted to be alone with himself so when he got no answer he started moving away.