Wheezie is cool

We looked around at each other in awe. From what I've heard no one has been able to find the Merchant for sentries. And for big John to find it must of been a miracle to the pogues- John b especially.

But it wasn't. At least from what I could see. John b stood up from his seat with a sob and walked to the doorway holding on to it while he cried.

I felt out of place. Even though John b and I are technically family it felt weird listening to something that seemed so personal. And JJ wasn't helping with his surprised comments.

"Holy shit, he did it. Big John he- he found the Merchant-"

"Can you- can you please?" Kie interrupted him with a desperate expression motioning towards John b.

"Read the room, JJ" I added on with a sigh.

~~~~~~

After Kie held John b while he cried to his hearts content we all headed outside to the end of the dock.

We all sat around the small lantern placed on the floor. Kie playing the ukulele, JJ skipping stones, Pope listening to Kie play a tune, and John b who was sat a little farther away from the group. They all sat on the railing or the bench but like John b I also wanted to keep my distance so I sat down the walkway of the dock leaning against the railing not really listening.

I could hear bits and pieces of their conversation. I was seconds from zoning out when I heard my name being called.

"Maddie, come closer so you can tell us what your gonna do with your 80 mil."

80 mil? They don't need to split the Merchant gold with me. I don't think it's fair. I haven't done anything nor have I been much help.

"You guys don't need to split the gold with me. It's not fair- I haven't even done anything to help." I made my way over to the bench and took a seat next to Pope. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, still feeling uncomfortable with the whole tape recorder- royal Merchant being found by my supposed dead uncle situation.

"Not true- you helped us with the scuba gear... kind of and you help distract one of the cops that same day." JJ responded pointing at me with a can of beer in his hand while the other rested on his hip. "And you're also somehow Jb's cousin or some shit like that so, I guess that makes you an honorary pogue."

Pope nodded in agreement while Kie just continued to play with her ukulele.

"So what does a super hot kook do with 80 mil even though she's already filthy rich?"

I let out a chuckle at JJ's "super hot kook" comment. And take my time and think about it. "Probably sneak as much of it as I can into my best friends savings." They all look at me intently, telling me to go on.

"My best friend has been saving up for college since forever. And even though my parents are now his legal guardians he doesn't wanna ask them for the money. So I wanna help him but, if I straight up say "hey here's 80 million dollars for you to use on smart people college stuff." Then he'll just deny it." I rested my chin on my knees. "And then I'll probably donate the rest of it to some charity."

"That's really thoughtful of you." Kie said looking at me. I send her a smile. It felt kind of awkward after all our bickering from the past couple days and now she's being nice. I'm pretty sure JJ felt the awkwardness too or else he wouldn't of spoken up.

"I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna get a big ass house on figure eight and go full kook." Poor let out an amused chuckle. "You're gonna go full kook?"

"Yup." JJ stated with certainty. "Gonna get a marble statue of myself, and then I'm gonna get a koi pond. Put a bunch of those fish-"

"I'm never visiting." Kie giggled out.