- 2 -

A year went by, it was now 23rd December 1925, Tommy walked across a street and entered Midland Hotel, headed upstairs, wearing spectacles.

Tommy walked over to a table, sat down and got himself a cigarette. A waiter walked over and handed him his usual drink, "Not going home for Christmas, Mr Shelby?" He asked.

"Tomorrow," Tommy answered as he lit his cigarette.

"So," He waited bent down, "Maria or Clara or Elizabeth?" He asked quietly.

"It's Christmas..." Tommy said.

"His wife will do," The two men turned to see Astella looking at her husband then she looked at the waiter, "Gin and tonic," She said and sat opposite her husband.

"Of course, miss..." Astella shot him a look, "Mrs... Mrs Shelby," The waiter said before he scurried off.

"Stella, I didn't know you were making the journey," She scoffed and looked away shaking her head, "What have I done now?" He asked.

"Not signed the papers... Tommy, I've been waiting a year," Astella said.

"Because I don't want to... A woman can't divorce a man, Stella," Her face hardened, "Or, have you got a fancy man and not told me... Tell me that's what you got and I'll let you go... Swear it on the Bible," Tommy said.

"You know I don't, you never let me see anyone without you around and if you're not around you have your little puppy dogs following me around. Do you want me to be unhappy forever Tommy is that it?" Astella asked.

"I thought you were happy with me," Tommy said.

"I was," She grabbed his cigarette pack and got herself a cigarette as the waiter placed her gin and tonic on the table, Tommy leaned over and lit her cigarette, "Until you allowed last year's events to take place," Astella said.

"We had to, you know that. It wasn't my fault it got pushed forward," Tommy told her.

"You shouldn't have gotten involved with them in the first place. History will always repeat itself with you. I want out of this marriage, I'm not putting myself through that," Astella said.

"I hired a new lawyer for this... Divorce, I got some advice," Tommy said.

"What kind of advice?" Astella asked.

"The grounds of adultery... You and Edward," Tommy said.

"We weren't married then," She said.

"Everyone believes we were, I just have to have the papers altered-" Tommy said.

"What about your adultery?" She asked.

"If the divorce is finalised, our children will live with me," She looked at him in anger, "I'd get your house and you'd lose everything, before of your old activities, misuse of drugs and violent nature," Tommy said.