- 4 -

Still on Christmas Eve at Arrow House, Tommy and Astella were in the office, Astella was sitting on her husband's chair looking at the photo of them on his desk while Tommy was looking at the newspaper when their maid, Frances, walked into the room, "The post has arrived, Mr and Mrs Shelby," Mary said.

"Thank you, Frances," Astella said as Tommy took the post, handing it to Astella who looked through the envelopes.

"I'm sorry to keep asking but Chef needs to know how many for dinner tomorrow. He's new, he's foreign, he gets very upset," Frances said.

Astella frowned in confusion as Tommy looked up at their maid, "Right, well you tell Chef there'll be 27 guests for Christmas dinner tomorrow," Tommy told her.

"27? Family?" The maid questioned.

"Yep. I thought the boys could do with some company other than each other and their mother. So I asked Johnny Dogs if he knew anyone who liked to eat goose," Frances and Astella stared at Tommy, "And he said he knew 26. Tell Chef I want ten geese, a buck cut into steaks, some trout from the river, fetch whiskey, brandy and wine from the cellar, best we have," Tommy said and walked over to the window looking out.

"There will be children?" Frances asked.

"Lots of children. With Johnny's tribe new ones might be born on the floor," Astella blinked a few times, "So have," He turned to the maid, "Have mops and buckets ready, eh? And we want you at the table, Frances, so make it 28," He said.

"I will be busy," Frances said with a nervous smile.

"You've put up with my husband and me this past year, looked after our boys while we've been arguing and been on business, tomorrow you'll eat at our table," Astella smiled, "Have a nice meal on us, with us," Astella said.

"Things will get better I think next year... Things are looking up for you both, right?" Frances said.

"Uh-huh," Tommy said.

Astella hit him with the newspaper, "Ignore him, Frances. You know what he is like... Thank you, Frances, can you call Daniel and Angela to come here for me please, before you've told the Chef the menu, please," She said and Frances nodded then left the room.

Tommy stood behind his wife and looked at the post, "Anything urgent?" He asked.

"Not that I can tell, these are yours," She pointed to a pile, "And these are mine... But, I did find these," She pointed to four envelopes sent by airmail, "All the exact same, for you, me, Angela and Daniel... Seems a little..." She looked up at him, "Off, to me," Astella said.

"Alright," He picked up his envelope, "Any return address?" He asked.

"Not on any of them," She said.

Daniel and Angela walked up, "You asked for us, mum?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, yes. You two have post," Astella stood up and handed them their envelopes, "Here," She said.

"Thank you," Daniel said as they took them.

Angela looked at the envelopes, "These are the same..." She said.

"Yeah, I want you both to open yours, with ours," Astella said.

"Stella, it might be nothing, probably from Grace," Tommy said.

"Don't tell me it could be nothing when you don't know that," Astella said.

"Alright, alright, sorry," He sighed, "Come on, let's open them," He said and they all opened their matching envelopes and pulled out a card, opened it to see Merry Christmas to you and your family. From Luca Changretta and Family on one half and the other half was a black handprint.