Fourteen

The days kept going by quickly. It was Christmas Eve and Alex and Daciana went shopping to get Christmas gifts for everyone.

Alex got a pair of suit for his Dad, a dress for his mom, a pair of heels for Shirley, a pair of white converse for Brian, a pair of glasses for Drake and winter boots for Marco.

Daciana got a gold necklace for Amina, a Rolex watch for Luke, a jewelry box for Shirley, a baseball T-shirt for Brian, a beard grooming kit for Drake and a custom star map print for Marco.

The next day which was Christmas, they went to the pack house to spend the Christmas there. Amina and Shirley made lots of food for everyone.

They played different games together and watched a Christmas movie before Alex and Daciana decided to go home as it was getting really late.

When they got home, they bathed and went to sleep. The next day, Alex went for pack business and Daciana had training with Shirley.

It was really cold outside and Daciana was already having second thoughts about training.

"It's really cold today, let's do this some other time." Daciana complained, wrapping her arms around her body.

"You're feeling this cold simply because you've only lived as a human before now, you'll get used to the cold and you can't get ill that easily cos you're a werewolf." Shirley assured her.

Although Daciana wanted to back out, she knew Shirley was right. She was a werewolf so common cold won't make her sick.

They trained for two hours before Daciana felt herself freezing. She decided to go home.

"Alright, you may rest for today, lazy pants. We'll continue tommorrow." Shirley told her and Daciana smiled before packing up her bag ready to leave.

She suddenly felt light headed and dizzy. She placed a palm on her head and felt her temperature slightly high.

"Are you okay?" Shirley who noticed asked worriedly.

"Yeah I think. It must be the cold, I'll be fine after I take some rest." Daciana replied and picked up her bag.

"Am sorry, I shouldn't have talked you into training today despite how cold you were." Shirley, said guilt filling her voice.

"Don't worry Shirley, I'll be fine." Daciana said and was about walking to the car when she suddenly fainted.

"Daciana!" Shirley screamed and ran towards her. As they were behind the pack house, Some wolves around heard Shirley scream and rushed towards the scene.

Marco was with them and panicked when he saw Daciana laying on the floor. He carried her into the pack house.

"Call the pack doctor!" He yelled. Two men went to get the pack doctor while Shirley called Alex.

Amina and Luke came into the room and everyone was really worried. The pack doctor arrived and started his Job.

He asked everyone to wait outside because the room was now getting crowded as Brian had also arrived.

They were all waiting outside when Alex ran in hysterically.

"Where's she? What happened?" He asked looking from Luke to Amina.

"She's inside, Andrew's still checking on her." Amina replied.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I...I think she caught a cold." Shirley said squirming in her seat. She still felt guilty and couldn't look Alex in the eye.

She felt all this was her fault. Brian was sitting next to her trying to reassure her.

Alex was about to say something when the pack doctor, Andrew opened the door. They all stood up instantly.

"She's fine. She did catch a little cold but she would be okay after taking the medication I prescribed." Andrew said and handed a paper to Alex.

"Thanks." Alex said and was about entering the room.

"Hold on. I have some other news." Andrew said and Alex tensed at his words.

"What? Is she okay?" He asked fear evident in his voice.

"Don't worry Alpha. It's good news." Andrew said smiling. "The Luna is three weeks pregnant." He completed his statement.

For a moment everyone was silent until Shirley squealed.

"Really?!" She said jumping. "Am gonna be an aunt!" She said hugging her mother. Everyone started laughing or jumping or dancing.

Alex was besides himself with joy. He couldn't believe he was going to be a Dad soon. He went to see his beautiful mate who was still fast asleep, oblivious of the happenings around her.

Alex was caressing her forehead. He couldn't wait till she wakes up.

"Let's break the news to her in the best way possible." Shirley said.

"Yeah. Let's decorate the room with balloons and make a huge banner with the inscription 'congratulations momma.' and then-"

"Yes, yes that'll be great, we can also get some ribbons and toys!" Shirley said interrupting Brian.

"I wasn't done talking." Brian grumbled and everyone laughed.

Daciana's POV

The collective sound of laughter made me blink slightly. I opened my eyes and squinted them due to the bright light.

I opened my eyes now fully taking in my surroundings. I noticed the white ceiling and turned my head to the side to see my mate staring at me.

"You're awake." He said. I tried sitting up and he helped me sit properly so I was leaning against the head board.

I noticed I wasn't in my room. Everyone was there staring at me with smiling faces.

I remembered bidding Shirley goodbye after training and was walking towards the car when everything went blank.

If I had fainted and somehow ended up here, why then was everyone smiling? Not that I wanted them to be worried but I am really confused.

My mate seemed to notice my confusion because he pecked my forehead and smiled at me.

"Dearie we've got great news." Amina said walking up to me. I gave her a questioning look and that was when she said the three words that would change my life forever.

"You are pregnant."

*********
Hi guys, am so sorry for the late update.

I know this chapter is a little crappy at the beginning, forgive me please. I'll try to update more often with mind-blowing chapters.

Love you guys, bye 💜